Nerve block by Dr Kay

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
jaxi123

Nerve block by Dr Kay

Post by jaxi123 »

How many patients have had a nerve block by Dr Kay in phoenix and what was the outcome?
jaxi123

Re: Nerve block by Dr Kay

Post by jaxi123 »

How many have had RF or Cryo with Dr Kay and your outcome results?
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

How many have had RF or Cryo with Dr Kay and your outcome results?
Carlie

Re: Cryonic Ablashion of the PN

Post by Carlie »

Hi, I had a progressive, disabling right hip pain. I had to edge out of bed in the morning. People can have other things creating pain in addition to PNE. I did. I was at the medical school in Little Rock, and a new doctor told me I had arthritis in the hip (right sided PNE and arthritis. Every six months Dr. Avila injects the nerve endings, and they will regenerate but it last a few months. Bayer three times a day, Neurontin at bedtime and now Ambien (5 mg) for sleep. My PT studied with Loretta (Hibner's PT). Leah is very good - medical school - she is stretching the ligament Hibner gave me in 2008. Avila is injecting the SI joint (right) which is enflamed. There are now three PNE people seeking help there now; this is what I understand. He also gave me a Pudendal injection and it did not faze it. I will return to Dr. Kay for a cryonic ablation of the P. nerve next month. I will see Hibner also. A urogyn has agreed to inject the Pudendal nerve - some kind of block. The block Kay gives has had very good results at Emory. The arthritis can be detected by standing up and the doctor examines the lower back. He said that I can have injections the rest of my life. I do not like pain and eventually the opiates do not help. Bayer does the job. I do try to get off of my feet as much as possible. Your post is dated, and I hope you feel better by now.
Carlie

Post by Carlie »

J -
I had a second cyro block by Dr. Kay/HIbner May 25, 2016. I had to fly back to Little Rock via DFW; 4 hour wait and the plane broke down; we waited one hour in line to take off, strapped in the seats. When I finally got home, I drove for 1 1/2 hours to get home.This cryo block hurt scads - like sitting on a bee hive in my scar area. For constipation, I take two tablespoons of Flax seed on top of my cereal each a.m. and a huge glass of vegetable juice (tomato juice). I also take 2 simenthecone tablets and one Bentyl tablet with each meal. I think I have IBS-C/D and this is the only way I can avoid the gas and constipation. I am on Tylenol in the a.m. and at night I take Ambian and Neurotin. I have osteo- arthritis and a spinal pain doctor gives me injections that kill the nerve endings in my right hip - every six months I get a set of injections. I saw Dr. Hibner and he did tell me he can go places he could not go in 2008 when he redid my French surgery. I have been going to a pelvic floor Physical Therapist and she is stretching out the cadaver's ligament from 2008. Hibner is willing to give me a scope surgery which is easier than a six-seven inch incision. He can get into the Alcock canal with a scope and that is where I hurt. From what I understood, Kay is having some positive results with the cryo but it did not really affect me positively. Right now, my home is for sale and I will be re-locating to a much smaller home and yard. I trust Hibner. I still had the "golf ball" I was sitting on since 1999 and I was HIbner's 30th surgery. The doctors know so much more now than in the 99-2000 era. I do know I need to relocate and then have the surgery. Moving is what I do not need, but it will be the best thing for me. Do you know of anyone who had the PNE surgery lately by Hibner? I wonder how long I should plan for the recovery? I think Violet knows more about PNE than a lot of people, including me. I am no doctor. I will be having a botox injection into the pelvic floor to calm these spasms down, oked by HIbner. He called the urogynocologist at the medical school and said she knew what she was doing. There are two urogynolocogists in this state, both at the medical school. I hope this answers some questions for you. Kay is having some success with the cryo. Hang in there. Carlie
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

Carlie
Why did you not go to Atlanta for cryo?
I hear much better outcome from Dr Prologo.

I would try this
http://drmorgan.info/clinicians-corner/ ... dal-nerve/

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”