nerve block with Dr. Bautista

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
April

nerve block with Dr. Bautista

Post by April »

Hi all,

I’m considering a nerve block, in part because I have been hearing very good reports from my physical therapist about a new pain doctor (Dr. Bautista) at the clinic I attend. The clinic hired him in August, and he has apparently had good results with blocks on pn patients. I wondered if anyone whose had his blocks is on the forum? If so, could you let me know either on here or with a private message how it went? I’m nervous about it, but I feel like I need to give it a try, especially when the physical therapist is seeing good results.

Many thanks,
April
jaxi123

Re: nerve block with Dr. Bautista

Post by jaxi123 »

Blocks are a waste of time and Money in my opinion
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

April, have you had any blocks yet? It might be worth at least one for diagnostic purposes and to see whether it helps you at all. I'm not a big fan of nerve blocks because of the reports we've heard on the forum of people who have gotten worse from them but most people don't have any permanent worsening of symptoms from nerve blocks. You just have to go into it knowing there is a slight risk. Good luck if you try it and please let us know how it goes.

Sorry, I don't know anything about Dr. Bautista or his expertise so I can't comment on that. Do you know what type of image guidance he uses and what type of medication he injects? You might want to find that out so you know what to expect.

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
April

Post by April »

Thanks, Jaxi and Violet, for your feedback. I have not had a block before. I’ve just recently been thinking about it after hearing good reports from my pt (and after a few weeks of intensified burning). I’m not sure I’m willing to risk the possibility of a setback, so I am fairly reluctant. I’ll be seeing one of the doctors at this clinic in a couple weeks so I’ll ask him what imaging techniques Bautista uses and what he injects and whether he thinks this would be a good idea. if I do it, I'll let you know how it goes.

On a different note, about a week ago I set up an arrangement in my home office that allows me to almost lie down while working at the computer. Today was a good day for me (low burning), so I'm hoping this new seating arrangement is helping to reduce my burning.

April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

That's great that you have a set-up that is more comfortable. During my worst PNE days I had my computer set up so I could lie down and it was great. Hope it helps you with healing.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”