Nerve Block experiences

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
elisedd

Re: Nerve Block experiences

Post by elisedd »

I have been reading and sharing in all of your pain literally..
I want to ask if anyone has any experience with Dr.Conway and his anesthesiologist Dr. Quesada?
Wednesday I am supposed to go for nerve blocking and am just freaked out!
I have symptoms that come and go,mostly on my right side of my leg on the adductor muscle,right side of vagina and the base of my right buttock near the very bottom.My recurrences seem to be when I have intercourse..oh the joy! And my life is filled with movement and exercise constantly.
I had a fall years ago and have been living with a weird pain running down the right side of my leg,no one could figure out.
I have seen many physicians,including one at Harvard who called me a red herring and sent me off to get fitted for a full body brace,
I wore this but it seemed to make my pains even weirder.I am frightened that my pain will get worse or all the time?
I was thinking about seeing a neurologist,physiatrist and have made appts already to start rolfing and chiropractic care.I have experienced some
relief with chiropractic so far..I also had the nerves tested by Conway's office with the electrode hooked up to my clitoris and that came up positive
to Allcox,Illiolingual and Pudendal nerve entrapment. that was ridiculously horrible treatment! And Conway told me even if it was positive,it might not be right. That blew my mind after what I went through.I would welcome anyone's open sharing..love and light to all you poor dears..Dee
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Dee,

You may want to get in touch with Karyn who recently had surgery with Dr. Conway. Good luck.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
saint

Post by saint »

I had one nerve block which made me numb but then wore off.

Several weeks later I developed numbness down my legs and feet. People noticed my feet turned blue and my legs shiny.

Anyone have this?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I have not heard of this before. Have you contacted the physician who gave the blocks?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”