Nerve block aggravating urinary urgency?

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
qwertyuiop2

Nerve block aggravating urinary urgency?

Post by qwertyuiop2 »

I've noticed a lot of people reporting pain flare-ups after their pudendal nerve block, but has anyone experienced increased urinary symptoms, particularly urinary urgency, following their nerve block?

I had a pudendal nerve block (CT-guided through both buttocks, 2 types of anesthetics + corticosteroid) about 3 weeks ago. Before the operation, I only had occasional pain (groin pain during certain movements, penile pain, pain in the buttocks when sitting for too long etc) and my main symptom was urinary urgency. Now, after the nerve block, I don't notice much of a flare-up when it comes to pain (in fact, penile pain seems to have decreased) but my urinary symptoms have been significantly getting worse. Before the operation, Lyrica + Cymbalta used to help with that, but not anymore.

Does this sound normal and could it just be a temporary flare-up due to the nerve block?

Thanks.
Violet M

Re: Nerve block aggravating urinary urgency?

Post by Violet M »

It's been so long since I had nerve blocks I don't remember specifically which symptoms flared up but I do remember having a flare-up that lasted for at least a month after one of my nerve blocks. Hopefully this will just be temporary for you and you will be feeling better soon.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”