Tried a bi lateral pudneal nerve block and feel worse

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Hopeitworks

Re: Tried a bi lateral pudneal nerve block and feel worse

Post by Hopeitworks »

Sorry Alex I meant a 2T MRI-N. Double check because you may have gotten the wrong type of MRI.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Hi Alex,
The T in 3T stands for Tesla and I think the 3T is stronger than the older default 1T. Hope you find some relief soon.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
sadie

Post by sadie »

alex
if you google "3tmri imaging" a great definition will pop up n explain units of measurments etc..its easy to follow.

i went to dr hollis potter in ny to have mine done. She is an expert in knowing what to look for . With your amazing history that you just posted last night , she hopefully can help diagnosis your problem. that would be an excelent start.

you may have to pay out of pocket because you r out of state. i still would call dr conways office and get a second opinion.

best of luck and i am so sorry, but thoes two doctors can be googled for more info. i also think you should select your last long post w your history...copy n print it out then fax it to these doctors so they can follow what you have had to deal with.

i understand the shards of glass feeling , that is a common feeling. i wish i could help more but i will leave it to others . Time heals all alex ...you will get there. sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD
alexchase93

Post by alexchase93 »

I am trying to make a video and explain the timeline of my symptoms and procedures I have done. I feel that would
Be easier than typing it. i will post on youtube once I clear some things off of my phone. Would love to share my story and journey so far with others and get us healed and closer to the ultimate goal: as less pain as possible!
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

That would be great!
sadie

Post by sadie »

alex

Search AliPasha1 and his feeds on this forum...he had some of the same problems you had ..i am sorry I can not tell you anymore then that about his case. You can send him a private message here on the forum, and if he is in the country and up to it he may respond , meanwhile I would reread all the suggestions that everyone has made.

As for you making a video as you stated earlier and that it would be easier then typing your time line ....you have already typed it. The post prior to this one included an amazing time line and if you get someone to help you copy and print ,you will have it ASAP. You can fax that to the doctors tomorrow.
I hope the pnb flair is calming down ,
Sadie
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
sadie

Post by sadie »

alex
i will be happy to print out your info from this forum and make a pdf n send that w/ your utube link to dr Conway but it is a moot point if you can't get there or you dont have insurance .

Can you let me know what you need. i dont want you spinning your wheels.

Make a plan, n write it down, n start getting better so you will be feeling better for the holiday season.sadie
alexchase93

Post by alexchase93 »

I can't really travel around due to time restrictions along with my money and pain, it has to be local. I will print off my timeline and then maybe show my doctor that again. Or maybe just show him the video.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Alex,

I noticed you were involved in a lot of athletics when you were young. Have you seen this publication by Dr. Antolak and the Mayo team? http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... icPain.pdf

I have no idea if it would apply to you but might be something to ask your physician about.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Alan1646

Post by Alan1646 »

All these years we've been pumped full of steroids for no good reason. "Conclusions

Corticosteroids provide no additional therapeutic benefits compared with local anaesthetic and should therefore no longer be used.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5215631/

Can we have a refund then? No? What a surprise.
"if you want to keep a secret you must also hide it from yourself" Orwell

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”