Pudneal nerve block irritation

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
alexchase93

Pudneal nerve block irritation

Post by alexchase93 »

So almost 2 weeks ago I had a pudneal nerve block done and ever since then I feel like the dorsal nerve of my penis is
Constantly irritated. Always shriveled, numb, loss of feeling, but feels irritated and spasming? Afrer I pee, there is no
Relief throughout my penis either. I know prior to the block, I was having some sensory issues, but this is just insane. This deff is in conjunction with my chronic pelvic pain, so i'm wondering if I
Try physical therapy can they work the dorsal nerve out and my surrounding muscles to get loosened up again? Prayers
And suggestions please? - Alex
Violet M

Re: Pudneal nerve block irritation

Post by Violet M »

Alex, I think for the time being some pain relief measures might be the answer -- like increased pain medication, ice, heat, etc.. It may take several weeks for things to calm down after a nerve block. PT might just stir things up worse. Hopefully you will see some improvement soon and then it might make sense to try PT. I could be wrong but that would be my instinct, just based on the fact that PT stirred things up for me.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”