Dr. Marvel Contact Information

TG Surgeon also offers diagnostics and nerve blocks
janetm2

Re: Dr. Marvel Contact Information

Post by janetm2 »

Lara,
Sorry I did not see this sooner but as you can see from my signature block I started with levitor ani syndrome and ended up with PNE. I would suggest going to her health physical therapists in Columbia Maryland -they actually figured out that the two major ligaments were tight and compressing the pudendal nerve and sent me to doctor Marvel. Also Dr Steven Adashek (gynecologist in Lutherville near Towson,Maryland) took me on after surgery to help me with recovery (multi pronged plan adding acupuncture to PT, etc). The nerve blocks are diagnostic to see if they remove pain for a few hours then the problem is the nerve. The nerve blocks at Dr Marvel's office were not very useful but the CT guided were because the are more exacting. If you have any specific questions for me feel free to PM me. I will also try to pay attention to this thread as I am a local Marylander and want to help as much as possible. Please hang in there and try to focus one day at a time and getting a diagnosis and treament to fight the problem. We are here for you and understand the pain and frustration.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Lara

Post by Lara »

janetm2 wrote:Lara,
Sorry I did not see this sooner but as you can see from my signature block I started with levitor ani syndrome and ended up with PNE. I would suggest going to her health physical therapists in Columbia Maryland -they actually figured out that the two major ligaments were tight and compressing the pudendal nerve and sent me to doctor Marvel. Also Dr Steven Adashek (gynecologist in Lutherville near Towson,Maryland) took me on after surgery to help me with recovery (multi pronged plan adding acupuncture to PT, etc). The nerve blocks are diagnostic to see if they remove pain for a few hours then the problem is the nerve. The nerve blocks at Dr Marvel's office were not very useful but the CT guided were because the are more exacting. If you have any specific questions for me feel free to PM me. I will also try to pay attention to this thread as I am a local Marylander and want to help as much as possible. Please hang in there and try to focus one day at a time and getting a diagnosis and treament to fight the problem. We are here for you and understand the pain and frustration.
Janet
Hi Janetm2, thank you for your response. Today, I will have a MRI done, I will let you know how everything went. Now, my dilemma is the following: I have an appointment on December 1 with a pain management clinic. But, should I see Dr. Marvel FIRST? I don't want to waste my energy on going to a clinic not specializing in chronic pelvic pain. What is your opinion? I imagine the evaluation and tests will be very similar to both locations, but is Dr. Marvel the best?

However, I am seeking guidance on how or what steps to take. After, reading all the replies from everyone, I am somewhat more confused.
Are you suggesting I should see the physical therapist FIRST? in Columbia, Maryland? Who is the PT?
Thank you.
Lara
Let me see if I understand, if the pain is remove with the nerve blocks, then the root of the problem is nerve damage? I will listen to your advice and I am very grateful for your patience, understanding...everything.
cztober

Post by cztober »

Please don't be scared of a nerve block. It won't hurt and it helps diagnose the problem. They numb the area and they inject anesthetic into the nerve usually using guiding CT imagry.
If the nerve block works, you have a successful diagnosis. The will also sometimes inject steroids which helps with the pain for about six weeks. There is nothing to fear with a nerve block. I have found them helpful.
cztober

Post by cztober »

Also I am a patient of Dr Marvels and I recommend him.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

janetm2 wrote:Update as of June 2011
Dr. Marvel moved his Center for Pelvic Pain from Towson to a new Annapolis location

130 Lubrano Drive
Suite 111
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Phone 410 573-1436
Fax 410 573-1442

He is performing TG surgery.
I'm going to see Dr. Marvel what is TG surgery?
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

TG is transglueteal (sp?) Pudendal Nerve decompression surgery that is performed to release the nerve that is entrapped, Pudendal Nerve entrapment (PNE).
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

Does Dr. Marvel treat PGAD?
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

His website list some pelvic pain conditions but he said that not everything is listed but please call the office if you want to know about other conditions.
Hopeitworks

Post by Hopeitworks »

Does Dr. Marvel use stem cell injections for PGAD/PN?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I haven't heard of him using it but I don't see why he couldn't. He could contact Dr. Jarnagin for info about it.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “Dr Marvel -- Maryland”