Contact Information

Diagnostics and Nerve Blocks
mod3

Contact Information

Post by mod3 »

Dr. Allan Gordon, a neurologist with offices in Toronto, Ontario, performs guided nerve blocks to treat PN / PNE.

The Wasser Pain Management Centre
Mount Sinai Hospital
600 University Avenue, Rm. 1160
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA MSG 1X5
Phone: 416-586-5997

If you discover this information is outdated, please post an update. Thank you.
PaulSa

Re: Contact Information

Post by PaulSa »

Just to clear up some misinformation I’ve read on different sites, Dr. Gordon does not administer Nerve blocks, the head of anesthesiology does which is Dr. Anuj Bhatia. I meet with Dr. Peng and Dr. Bhatia both of which were amazing. They work out of both Mount Sinai and Toronto Western hospital.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

Dr. Gordon is the Director of the Wasser Pain Clinic at Mount Sinai Hospital, and a neurologist. He is the primary care doctor for all PN patients. He manages patients' medications and helps with their treatment plans. He also refers patients to pelvic floor PTs, acupuncturists, anaesthesiologists, mindfulness therapists, etc. Because of hospital cutbacks, there are no longer any PTs on the Wasser Clinic site. Rather, Dr. Gordon refers patients to pelvic floor therapists who have their own private practices off-site. The only service offered on-site for PN patients is a one-time biofeedback testing service to test pelvic floor tension. Patients who elect to do interventionist therapies (e.g. botox and nerve blocks) do so at another hospital with a referral by Dr. Gordon.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Pelvis Stressly

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

PaulSa wrote:Dr. Gordon does not administer Nerve blocks, the head of anesthesiology does which is Dr. Anuj Bhatia.
It's actually Dr. Peng who does all the blocks for Gordon's patients (at least he did all of mine).
Chex

Post by Chex »

Who do I get a diagnoses from and treatment in Canada? Is it Dr. Gordon? Does my family dr. have to reffer me to him? is he a neuroligist? Can he read an mri I had done?
PaulSa

Post by PaulSa »

Chex wrote:Who do I get a diagnoses from and treatment in Canada? Is it Dr. Gordon? Does my family dr. have to reffer me to him? is he a neuroligist? Can he read an mri I had done?
I would have to say that Dr. Gordon is PNE aware but by no means an expert. Have you had any nerve blocks to date? If not, Dr. Peng is one of the best and would be refered by Dr. Gordon. Good luck.
Pelvis Stressly

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

Chex wrote:Who do I get a diagnoses from and treatment in Canada? Is it Dr. Gordon? Does my family dr. have to reffer me to him? is he a neuroligist? Can he read an mri I had done?
Without necessarily disagreeing w. what PaulSa said, yes to all of the above questions Chex. Good luck (& bring a long book w. you to the waiting room! ;)
DoubleEdgedSword

Post by DoubleEdgedSword »

I told my doc about Dr Gordon, and he got me a referral. I'm currently filling in the forms so I can have an assessment appointment made.

Does anyone know how long it generally takes from them receiving the forms until I get an appointment to be assessed? I've heard it can be around 8 months.. :?
On the road of discovery to see what is causing my PGAD.
DoubleEdgedSword

Post by DoubleEdgedSword »

Forms have been filled out and mailed.. Now the waiting begins.. The forms say it can be two to four months before an appointment is made.. I've heard it can be longer though..
On the road of discovery to see what is causing my PGAD.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

My wait to see Dr. Gordon was eight months.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com

Return to “Dr Gordon - Toronto”