p.n. surgery

neurosurgeon, PNE decompression, mrn, nerve blocks, botox
curious1

p.n. surgery

Post by curious1 »

Of the different types of P.N decompression surgeries which is the most successful? Is the laproscopic method of surgery the fasted to heal from post op? What are it's advantages and disadvantages if any? How long does it take to heal with this method of surgery? How about the other types? Which is the least risky of the surgery techniques? Which has the most success in curing P.N. pain? If statistics are available please post it. Thank you.
helenlegs 11

Re: p.n. surgery

Post by helenlegs 11 »

There are no medical statistics that I am aware of, just what individual surgeons report Curious, although laparoscopic surgery is regarded to be an easier recovery in general of course. Some surgeons would say that the nerve can not be visualised so well laparoscopically. Sorry that there are no definitive answers to your questions, laparoscopic pudendal nerve decompression is a more recent technique. Hopefully good results will be reported in the future.

Take care
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Violet M

Re: p.n. surgery

Post by Violet M »

Curious, many of the peer-reviewed published results from the surgeons are posted on the publications page of the HOPE website under the surgery section. I'm not sure it's possible to answer your questions about least risky/most successful. My gyn told me that even with a surgery as common as the hysterectomy there is not a consensus on which is the best approach. I think it's important for each individual patient to study the different approaches and decide which they think would be the best for them based on medical advice and studying the literature available.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “Dr Filler -- Southern California”