Beware of Dr. Jordan!

Nerve blocks, Botox, Diagnosis, Pulsed Radio Frequency, Ketamine
david1992

Beware of Dr. Jordan!

Post by david1992 »

A saw Dr. Jordan recently with symptoms of constant intense penile pain primarily at the head and in the top of the urethra. He immediately diagnosed me with pudendal nerve entrapment with just a physical exam (didn't look at my MRIs at all and didn't suggest getting more advanced MRI to know for certain that the pudendal nerve was entrapped). I was getting physical therapy at the time, but it was unsuccessful after about 10 sessions in reducing my pain.

He highly suggested a nerve block and even claimed that there's a 30% chance it would cure the pain. He was highly regarded by my physical therapist, Stephanie Prendergast (who is also someone to be avoided in my opinion- another post on that later).

So I got the nerve block, which was supposed to be a combo of lidocaine and steroids. He ended up only injecting me with lidocaine which I only found out late (the block cost a ridiculous $5000, but I was desperate and Stephanie insisted that he was a great doctor and would take good care of me). He left my back side totally uncleaned from the procedure.

I had some momentary minimal pain relief, but within a few hours my pain came roaring back but now my entire penis was burning and my butt was burning and spasming, making it nearly impossible to sit for long.

I let him know and he dismissed my concerns, saying the extra pain would resolve in a few days.

It's been months since the block and I'm still having very high levels of pain.

Both he and Stephanie turned out to be total snakes and in my honest opinion are primarily interested in profiting off the suffering of chronic pain patients.

There's a lot more that went down with Dr. Jordan that I'd be open to sharing if you PM me.
Jason8

Re: Beware of Dr. Jordan!

Post by Jason8 »

I too had similar experience with Dr. Jordan. I will not recommend A2M from him to anyone. It took me few months to recover to the state before I took the nerve block. David, hope you are little better now.
sadie

Re: Beware of Dr. Jordan!

Post by sadie »

david1992 and jason8 ,

I will send you a PM but for the sake of the forum I posted here also...

I know both of your posts are old but if you are still on the forum i was wontering if you would tell us if
you both were warned of negative PNB side efffects?

I was told by the dr (NOT JORDAN) that ordered my PNBs and the radiologist that did the blocks .."No we do these all the time" That was inresponce to my asking if there were any side effects.

Secondly, while laying on the table having vitals done, before taken over to the nurses and doctor doing the blocks, i asked the nurse, " Are there any side effects ?" She answered "NO..only a possibility of an infection at the site of the needle." to which I replied, "And will antibotics take care of that?"
She replied, "YES"

I wish I could go back in time as the PNB ruined my life and the ripple effects of medications to control the ramifications of the PNBs have destroied my emotions and brain .

i hope you two are better
and thank you for your posts from 2017 Sadie
2007-2010 anitriptyline for PN, 2010 it caused severe dystonia
2010 PNB w steroids caused severe PGAD
11-2010 St Josephs NH. , ketamine drip, meds etc to stop nerve from firing, nothing worked
11-2010 - 3-2011 Elliott Hosp. Pain Manag. Center , 16 PNB w/ lidocane did not work
3-2011 bilateral TG surg., w/ Dr. Conway
12-2011 3TMRI, Dr. Potter, rt side nerve re-entrapped w/ scar tissue
3-2013 rt side re-do surgery w/ Dr. Hibner for PGAD

Return to “Dr. Sheldon Jordan -- Southern California”