North Texas

Post information about your local support group here
Violet M

Re: North Texas

Post by Violet M »

If there is a physician in North Texas who knows how to do a pudendal nerve block they could probably contact the company who makes the allograft and inject it. For awhile Dr. Jarnagin was using Palingen but may be using something different now -- I'm not sure. I think I described how he gives them which is really the old fashioned way to give a pudendal nerve block just by finding the landmark with a finger.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
strongsteve

Post by strongsteve »

I live in Plano and would be glad to see where everyone else is.
Celeste77

Post by Celeste77 »

Hi, I’m in Lubbock Texas. I’ve been suffering from PNE for almost 2 years. I’ve been desperately searching for a specialty here in Texas myself. If anyone knows of one please let me know. I’m tired of living in so much pain. I could also use support too. I feel so alone in this. I could use advice of any kind. Thank you!!
April

Post by April »

Welcome to the forum, Celeste. I don't know of a Texas doctor but you should check the doctor listing on the home page in case there is a Texas doctor listed. Are you close to any universities that have med schools? Those places often doctors who are at least familiar with the problem.

Yes, I know what you mean. I felt alone when I first got this, because I didn't know anyone else who had it and most doctors didn't seem to know much about it. What kinds of treatments have you tried? I have found tremendous relief from both ice and heat. The vinyl heating pad is the simplest---for me it has to be on high (and some of the newer ones to get very hot so the older models works best for me.) I wear biking shorts with the pelvic floor area cut out, so I don't burn my legs when I use it.

Take care,
April
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Celeste,

It is a very isolating disease to deal with, especially since it's not something you can talk about with your friends and family. I would also be interested to hear what you've tried so far. Has anything helped at all?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “Local Support Groups”