Potter MRI if had Botox?

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
merrie

Potter MRI if had Botox?

Post by merrie »

Im curious to get the opinion of others on this. I have been getting botoxed every 4-6 months in several muscles in my pelvis (piriformis, obtruator, coccygeus, levator, peri-vaginal muscles, psoas). Been doing this for 2.5 years.

If my muscles are botoxed - would the dr potter MRI not really show all possible areas where i am having problems? Or would it not matter since I still have unbearable nerve pain and entrapment would still show up.

Thanks!
merrie
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013
helenlegs 11

Re: Potter MRI if had Botox?

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Good question. I would imagine that if you are still having pain even with botox there may be some scar tissue that should show up on the scan, but that is just speculation on my part. I would contact Dr Potters office and ask the question, let us know the answer please.
Hope you do get some answers from the scan.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
JeanieC

Re: Potter MRI if had Botox?

Post by JeanieC »

Merrie,

I would agree with Helen. If there is entrapment between the ligaments this should show up on Potter MRI regardless of whether you have had Botox or not since Botox is to relax tight muscles which might be pressing on the nerves causing pain similar to PNE pain. But Dr Potter herself would be the best one to ask, let us know what she tells you.

Jeanie
Diagnosed with left side PN by Dr Renney, March 2010, after over 2 years of searching for help
Left TG Surgery, Dr Ansell, August 2010, failed to relieve pain

Return to “MRI/MRN”