Confused: Does an MRN use the same machine as a 3t MRI?

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
John1089

Confused: Does an MRN use the same machine as a 3t MRI?

Post by John1089 »

Sorry guys. A newbie to all this.

As stated in subject, does the MRN and 3T MRI use the same machine, but just different frequencies/power or something?

Thanks!
Violet M

Re: Confused: Does an MRN use the same machine as a 3t MRI?

Post by Violet M »

John, the posts on the first page of this thread (especially Hermajesty's and Ezer's posts) might answer your question.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... f=69&t=319

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jon

Re: Confused: Does an MRN use the same machine as a 3t MRI?

Post by jon »

It's the same 3T MRI machine but uses different software.
Left testicle pain since 2008. Left sciatica 2010-2012. Failed left epididectomy, orchiectomy, botox injections, nerve blocks and internal physical therapy. Genital branch of genitofemoral and perineal branch of pudendal nerve cut. L5-S1 microdiscectomy cured sciatica. Dorsal Root Ganglion nerve stimulator failed to help and was removed. I have had 4 pudendal nerve blocks, two from Dr. Poree worked for 2 hrs. The ONLY break from pain ever.

Return to “MRI/MRN”