Hibner MRI?

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
wannagetbetter

Hibner MRI?

Post by wannagetbetter »

Can someone describe what type of MRI Hibner does? Can he see scar tissue on it? Is it close to Potter's MRI? What does he look for in it? Do you know how it differs from an MRN? Thanks much.
Violet M

Re: Hibner MRI?

Post by Violet M »

Last I heard it wasn't 3T but that was awhile back.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

They do 3 T

A waste of time and money
RJR

Post by RJR »

Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins uses MRI guidance, trained under Dr. Potter, and can deliver the steroid with great precision to maximize opportunity for therapeutic benefit. Plus you get diagnostic benefit of both the block and MRI impression.

Best,
Bob
Cyclist till perineal pain onset R side (Apr'08). Dx with PN (Aug'09). Lyrica gave 30% pain reduction. Potter MRI (Oct'10) validated at surgery with Dr Hibner (Nov'10) - found nerve attached to scarred STL. Now sitting 10 hrs/day vs 1 hr/day pre-op. Occasional MRI-guided steroid injections by Dr. Jan Fritz at Johns Hopkins. Surgery video = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDwana6SQU

Deep neuropathic burning pain flares have been gone since surgery...Grateful to Dr Hibner.

Return to “MRI/MRN”