Dynamic mri

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
jaxi123

Dynamic mri

Post by jaxi123 »

Has anyone had this type of MRI? Did it show why the tailbone is causing pain?
nyt

Re: Dynamic mri

Post by nyt »

Dynamic MRIs are usually used to diagnosis prolapses. As far as I am away the majority of radiology facilities do not perform this type of MRI partly because the patient needs to be able to perform the Valsalva maneuver and the radiologist needs to be trained to measure the differences in angles that occur. The changes in angles are do to muscles relaxing and contracting so I am not sure if it could determine if the tailbone has moved or not. You might want to Google Dynamic MRI for tailbone movement or look on the NCBI website under Pubmed to see if there are any publications where they used this for tailbone movement. Like I said, I've only seen it used to diagnose prolapses and some studies I've seen where it is used to study constipation. I've never seen anything on measuring tailbone movement but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner

Return to “MRI/MRN”