Question about Potter MRI

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
wannagetbetter

Question about Potter MRI

Post by wannagetbetter »

I asked this before but did not get an answer. Can't somebody please help? Now I have an additional question:

First question: Does Dr. Potter's MRI cover the front of the Alcock's canal and the perineal area?

New Question: Can her MRI detect scar tissue in the Alcock's canal?
stephanies

Re: Question about Potter MRI

Post by stephanies »

Wanna,

I think Dr. Potter's office might be a good resource to get answers to your questions. I believe that your local doctor had to write a prescription for the MRI right? Maybe that physician can answer your questions.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
wannagetbetter

Post by wannagetbetter »

Will do Stephanie S. I was hoping not to have to burden my doctor is someone already knew. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I saw power point showing an MRI from the HSS and it looked like it covered alcock's canal and the person describing it showed us where the nerve runs through alcock's canal. The one I saw had a clear canal without any blockages or scar tissue present but I think those would be detected because I've seen scarring mentioned on MRI reports before. I've also seen MRI reports that mention the dorsal nerve, so being that it's a pelvic MRI I think these structures you are asking about would show up but like Stephanie said, to be sure, you should check with Dr. Potter's office.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “MRI/MRN”