sexual disfuction & hyper arousal

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
calluna

Re: sexual disfuction & hyper arousal

Post by calluna »

I know that people have used condoms filled with water and then frozen - this was mentioned on the old board. Ice is a real help applied externally, after all. So yes, you could try this. Vaginally sounds sensible - be careful though! - not so sure about rectally though, that doesn't sound like a good idea.

No idea about connection between endometriosis and pudendal pain, but I for one had endometriosis, not diagnosed until I was past 40 unfortunately. I thought it was normal to have painful periods because it had always been that way for me. And I too am now menopausal.
Lernica

Post by Lernica »

KarenW,

I have had endometriosis for 30 years. Just ended it (hopefully) with a hysterectomy in November, 2010.

Lernica
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

I have a long history of endometriosis and having had a few laparoscopies to remove same and eventually a hysterectomy .....i thought and hoped it would be a gone away problem! While recently I have experienced severe menopausal symptoms I believe that my endo problem is not entirely solved. i am awaiting further tests to prove this theory.

Ice is my best friend as has been for many years with PN pain.....i have used both condoms and balloons filled with water.....either are as effective as the other, I have only used them vaginally and prefer to use ice bottles externally by day and night....when in extreme flare i will use balloons vaginally to hit that spot where the pain is greatest.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”