Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Mystic Blue

Post by Mystic Blue »

Last edited by Mystic Blue on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyt

Re: doctor conway/emg.

Post by nyt »

In order to receive disability some individuals have to obtain an attorney that specializes in this area. How they are paid depends on the attorney and different states have different laws for what percentage they can take once you receive benefits. Most counties or states have free attorneys that can help you if can't afford one. You can also go set up an appointment with the closest disability office and talk with someone there.

As far as insurance, you won't qualify for Medicare until you have been on disability for 2 years. However, depending on your income you might qualify for Medicaid. The county you live in can tell you whether you qualify and if you do what plan is available to you.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
Mystic Blue

Post by Mystic Blue »

Last edited by Mystic Blue on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mystic Blue

Post by Mystic Blue »

Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Depends on why type of emg. If they specifically assess the muscles innervated by the pudendal nerve you might gain some valuable information on your diagnosis. However, I went to a neurologist who did an emg of my legs and that was totally worthless for diagnosing pudendal neuralgia.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Mystic Blue

Post by Mystic Blue »

Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I understand your fear. I don't think it's typical to have a permanent worsening of symptoms after an emg. At least I don't remember anyone ever posting on the forum that it happened but I guess anything's possible.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”