Sciatica anyone???

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Erik Voight

Sciatica anyone???

Post by Erik Voight »

I have pudendal neuralgia, my question is does anyone here also experience sciatica as well? My two problems seem related.
Violet M

Re: Sciatica anyone???

Post by Violet M »

Yes -- my sciatica was caused by the piriformis muscle being in spasm but is also tied to a diagnosis of sacroiliac joint dysfunction, strained pelvic ligaments, and pelvic misalignment.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Laura

Post by Laura »

I've had sciatica on and off for years. Another person I know with pn also has sciatica problems. I've offended wondered if there was a connection myself.
Robert L

Post by Robert L »

Same here. I seem to have tight muscles all the way down and up the affected side of my body with the typical sciatica pattern of imbalance. i.e. hip on that side is closer to the ribs and further forward by at least an inch when looking down and lordosis. I think I may have (but not been diagnosed with) sacroiliacal joint dysfunction on that side, also. Piriformis (could also be obturator internus) massage aggravates pudendal symptoms.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Hi Robert,

Massage aggravated my PN symptoms too, which is why I decided not to continue with internal myfascial pelvic floor release. I only tried it once before PNE surgery but it caused a severe flare-up.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”