Dr. Hibner and Dr. Aszmann?

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
donstore

Re: Dr. Hibner and Dr. Aszmann?

Post by donstore »

AM,
Just to remind you that RR got insurance approval by having doctor point out that pudendal neuropathic pain is the same as diabetic peripheral neuropathy (FDA approved use for Lyrica). Who better than Dr. Hibner to confirm the source of your pain (pudendal nerve). Insurance cos. hate to pay. Good Luck.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
glen

Post by glen »

Hello,

I have an appointment with Dr. Hybner in November, so I'm curious about what people's experiences have been. I had a doctors appointment this AM and my doctor who I originally visited when my symptoms became so severe I wanted to die found a Doctor in Minneapolis (Antolak) older than dirt and he didn't inspire in confidence in me. Had the four guided Ct shots did nothing. Have had for 40 months, sit on a toliet seat all day and garden pads am fairly active although I have pain. Had choice of becoming disabled or get out and do what I can, weight has become a large issue for me.

Today my doctor who specializes in internal medicine read that people with severe pelvic pain have found good results with lyrica. He suggested that I take 600mg of lyrica daily. So tomorrow I start out with 2 -50mg tablets twice a day for a week, then 3-50mg tablets twice a day for a week, then 4-50mg tablets twice a day for a week, then 5-50mg tablets twice a day for a week , then finally 6-50mg tablets forever.

My question has anyone ever taken 600 mg of lyrica a day?

Concerning my weight issue, what has helped other than less food, what have people done to increase their cardio?

Regards,
Bob
Celeste

Post by Celeste »

Swimming and power walking are the two cardio workouts I'd recommend--low impact, and no painful sitting.
PNE as a result of childbirth, 2002. Treatment by the Houston team, with neurosurgery by Dr. Ansell in 2004. My left side ST and SS ligaments were found to be grown together, encasing the pudendal nerve.

I am cured. I hope you will be, too.

There are no medical answers on the forum. Your only hope is to go to a doctor. I was very happy with the Houston team, which has treated the most PNE patients (well over 400), more than any other US provider.

http://www.tipna.org
donstore

Post by donstore »

Glen,
There was a guy on TIPNA from Illinois who didn't want surgery and he took 600 mg. of lyrica and 900 mg. of cymblata. You have to see what you can tolerate and what works for you. For me, lyrica has been great and it kicked in fast. It makes you hungrier, however. I try to load up on high fiber vegies and fruit when I get the munchies.Good luck.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”