Hollis Potter Now Giving Great MRI Protocol In Other States

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
shawnmellis

Hollis Potter Now Giving Great MRI Protocol In Other States

Post by shawnmellis »

Hi Everyone. I am starting an ongoing list of Potter MRIs available in other states using her special software and protocols to give everyone with PN/PNE the best MRI images available. Dr. Hollis Potter is getting so many requests that there is a good chance if you can find a 3T MRI in your state, that she will give the radiologist who does this 3T MRI the protocols and software needed to run Dr. Hollis Potter MRI in your state by simply emailing your Radiologist her software program containing the protocols she uses to do her MRI. I have said this many times before, and I will keep saying it. I got an MRI done here without Potter's MRI software and protocols and it showed absolutely NOTHING. Then I got an MRI with Dr. Hollis Potter and her's saw my area of compression, Varices, and other problems that my one done here did not show. So try to find a place in your state that does 3T MRIs and have the radiologist call Dr. Hollis Potter to get her software protocols to run her MRI. If you have PN/PNE I highly recommend getting an MRI done with Potter in NYC or in your state using her special software protocol on a 3T MRI.Mary in Pittsburgh, another person I know in Richmond, VA, someone in Minnesota, and another person in Finland has also done this among other states as well. This is great news that her MRIs with her special protocols and software are being used all over the country, but it will require some work on everyone's part to be find one in your state and then call Potter yourself and also have your radiologist get it set up. Right now there is a 4 to 5 month wait time to get an MRI done with Hollis Potter, so if you want one done sooner, this is another way you can get one done in your state. Mary from Pittsburgh, saw her Pudendal Nerve compression areas with Potter's MRI done in Pittsburgh, which Dr. Filler's MRN did not find. Mary's radiologists were very impressed with Potter's software and protocols and the results from the MRI using her protocols. This is awesome and we all need to try our best to see that every state eventually has this same MRI with her software and protocols. Here is Dr, Hollis Potter's website address and phone number http://www.hss.edu/physicians_potter-hollis.asp and phone number is 212.606.1023
Mary Lee got one done in Pittsburgh, PA. The website for this place she had it done is http://www.upmc.com/HospitalsFacilities ... fault.aspx
You can go to that site and call them to request this MRI with Potter's software and Protocols The only other thing I will say, is that if you do get a 3T MRI with Potter's softwware Protocols done in your state, is that I'm not sure if Potter will read the results, but your local radiologist will instead of Potter.
Here is the list of some places, I know people have gotten Potters MRI done in with her special software protocol below, but I know that there has to be more than this, and hope that everyone would help me to add to this list. Also, when you get one done make sure to request a Pelvis MRI with special attention to the Pudendal Nerve and all of it's branches
Minnesota
I know somebody getting one done there with the Potter Protocol sent to them, although they said it was on a 1.5 MRI and I'm not sure if it would be as good as a 3T, but Potter's office said that it would be.
New York
New York City, NY Dr. Hollis Potter http://www.hss.edu/physicians_potter-hollis.asp
Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh, PA UPMC Presbyterian, located in the heart of Oakland, PA http://www.upmc.com/HospitalsFacilities ... fault.aspx and
http://www.upmc.com/Services/ImagingSer ... t-mri.aspx
If you can, ask for Elissa, the head tech of the Tesla 3 MRI. This hospital is on the University of Pittsburgh campus
Virgina
Richmond, Va Henrico Doctor's Hospital, Parham Rd. Campus, Richmond, VA; very close to I-64. Dr John Kuta, Neuroradiologist, a GEM
Texas
I'm pretty sure there is one done there, I think in Houston TX with her protocols, and software
Finland
Sanna Pisama got the protocols from Potter to have one done there for her :)
Anybody with more info., please help me with this list. This is not a complete list at all, but just a beginning of one. Everybody who would like to have one done soon in their state, must find a place in your state that does the 3T Tesla MRI
and then get the radiologist there to contact Potter's office for the protocols and software. If anybody else get's one done in another state, please post a reply on this thread so we can keep adding to this list.
Make sure to let them know you need an MRI of your Pelvis with special attention to the Pudendal nerve and all of it's branches. There's Always Hope!
Shawn
Last edited by shawnmellis on Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
Laura

Re: Hollis Potter Now Giving Great MRI Protocol In Other Sta

Post by Laura »

Thanks Shawn for all the helpful info you provide to this site.
Faith

Post by Faith »

This is interesting because I had an MRI with Dr. Kalinkin in Phoenix (she uses constrast with a 1.5T MRI), but she has learned the protocol from Dr. Potter. I don't believe she has the software however and my MRI showed nothing. There have been a few others who have gone to Kalinkin and had a negative MRI, but gone to Potter and she sees scar tissue/entrapment. Hibner got Kalinkin in touch with Potter because he was impressed with her scans, however whenever I called Potter's office to have a look at my Kalinkin MRI she will not. I was told that part of the interpretation differences could be in Potter's experience so just because Potter is handing out her software and protocol doesn't necessarily mean that the results would be the same if you went to Dr. Potter. There is some subjectivity as Dr's can interpret things differently with any scan.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
donstore

Post by donstore »

Shawn,
Great to hear Dr. Potter is sharing her software and protocols with other radiologists. This is a huge benefit for folks who cannot make the trip to NYC for whatever reason (cost, long wait). My insurance paid $350 (in-network contract rate) and I paid $2500. I feel extremely fortunate that I was able to come up with the money but as Faith said, you are paying for her eyes as well as her software. Her reputation was enough to get me an embolization (unfortunately a a failure) at UCSF that billed out at $27000 even after their scrotal ultrasound showed nothing. I am hoping the same will be true when I try to get my HMO to pay for Dr. Hibner.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
carolynm

Post by carolynm »

Agree...........It is Dr. Potter's expertise that we are all banking on. On another website another individual came back from AZ with a negative Kalinkan MRI

cari
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
shawnmellis

Post by shawnmellis »

I wonder if it did not show anything because it was a 1.5 MRI and Potters is a 3T? Maybe this made the difference. I also agree that Potter's skill in reading of the MRI may also be worth trip to see Potter in NYC if possible. :)
Shawn
Bringing Help Awareness Education to Patients & Doctors about PNE through Videos at http://www.YouTube.com/PudendalNerve & PudendalHope.com Please tell Dr. Oz to cover topic of PNE by going to http://www.doctoroz.com/contact Started 1/2010. Initial urinary tract infection in 1/2010. Medication: Diazepam, Tramadol. 4 nerve blocks. physical reinjury 8/2010. 7/2011 Potter MRI Varices dorsal branch 8/23/11 Diagnosis Entrapment of Dorsal Branch Dr. Lee Dellon There's Always Hope!
Faith

Post by Faith »

They have a 3T MRI at St. Joseph's Hospital in Phoenix, but it's my understanding Kalinkin likes to use the contrast for better visualization of the arteries that lie on the nerve and thus uses the 1.5T. Maybe a 1.5T with constrast is equivalent to a 3T without?
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
smitzel

Post by smitzel »

Shawn,
Do you know who I would contact here in Minnesota for Potter's MRI? thanks!

Stephanie
Suffering for 11 years after running marathons and weight lifting. Diagnosed with PN by Dr. Antolak in 2006 and Dr. Weiss in 2010. Taking Cymbalta, Gabapentin and Baclofin. Just made an appointment to see Dr. Hibner for MRI and consultation for surgery, can't get me in until Dec.
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

Good news - and a great way to spread awareness too. I will show this to my pelvic floor therapist too, see what she knows.
I live very close to where they make the GE-3T (MR750 per my husband :) I'll see which major hospitals in the Milwaukee area have the 3Ts.

Thanks Shawn!
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
MNMom

Post by MNMom »

smitzel wrote:Shawn,
Do you know who I would contact here in Minnesota for Potter's MRI? thanks!

Stephanie
Stephanie, you may already know this but the Consultant Radiologists in St Louis Park, MN have a 3T machine.
My ortho had one done for me last spring on my hip before they knew what was wrong with me. Not sure if I can use that for the pudendal nerve or not but I'm going to find out.

Return to “MRI/MRN”