Why is my Dr. giving an injection different than the PT sugg

Trigger Point injections, Myofascial Massage techniques, and many more.
dlb

Why is my Dr. giving an injection different than the PT sugg

Post by dlb »

My PT told my Dr. that my obturator internus is rock hard and that I will need trigger point injections. My dr. is going to give me two...one in the lumborum and one in the psoas& quadratus....I am wondering why she is doing something different than what was suggested.

Side note....This is the dr. at the pain clinic my uro gynocologist sent met to. She has never examined me...and honestly spent about 3 minutes with me today....never even got out of the doorway. Her student dr. talked to me prior. First the dr. wanted to dismiss me and said to just keep doing Pt and see my regular dr. that she couldn't do anything else. then I said didn't you get the messages from my PT, and I told her what had been going on at PT...so then she said she wanted to give me these injections....

any thoughts?
Violet M

Re: Why is my Dr. giving an injection different than the PT

Post by Violet M »

I wonder if this doc just isn't comfortable with injections into the obturator internus. I think she owes you an explanation before you get any injections. It's your body and you have a right to have a proper explanation of the procedure and why they are recommending that procedure.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “PHYSICAL THERAPY TECHNIQUES”