Hollis Potter Now Giving Great MRI Protocol In Other States

Discussion of magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance neurography
janetm2

Re: Hollis Potter Now Giving Great MRI Protocol In Other Sta

Post by janetm2 »

Tyro,
Go to the first post on this thread for more info. It says to have your radiologist call Dr potter and ask for her protocols and it seems to lean to 3T but please review Shawnmellis' post. From other posts people feel this is a good step towards finding possible entrapment.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
tyro

Post by tyro »

Thanks Janet. I'll have my radiologist call her office and see if we can work something out. Fingers crossed, because it would be a lot easier than traveling to NY from WA State and the long wait too.

That said, do you all think it would be worth waiting if I am not able to have my radiologist use Potter's protocol and software? Which is more important? The protocol or the software?

Sorry for all the questions.
mannme2

Post by mannme2 »

I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I was wondering if there is a way for me to contact "Mary from Pittsburgh"? I am going to UPMC on April 2nd and would like to have as much information as possible when I see the Gynecologist there. Thanks!
ysabal96

Post by ysabal96 »

I do know this I recently asked my doc for a scrip 2 see Hollis Potter and was assured we had our own 3T imaging here in CO using Potter's software. We do have such-but they have NO idea what they are doing with it. The reading showed everything on my right side and muscular, missed the surgery I had just months before which removed a large chunk of my ischial tuberosity and had severed all 3 of my hamstrings-there was visable skin and scar deterioation-my left side showed nothing-BUT that's where all my pain is & my surgeries. Besides the other surgeries I had less than a year and a 1/2 earlier which my PT said would have been noted by Potter. I have a July 11th with Potter, but my Ins.won't pay & I paid for the cracker jack one 2. So I'd say just pay for the right one in the first place=).
endo ablation '07 (endometriosis)-saplingo oophrectmy '08 Misdiagnosed hereafter & searching-laminectmy & decmpressin '09-2 spinal cord stim trials '10 bnionectmy,hamstring tenotomy, bursectmy ischal bursa,&remval osteophytes '11 PFC nerve accidently cut/pain (15+) inj-only numb med wrks. All surg (cept 1st) 2 corrct sit pain Med-Soma/MSIR/ER,Topamax, HRT
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Wow, sorry this happened to you. :(

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Bathsheba

Post by Bathsheba »

Thank you, Shawn.

I live in VA near DC. I can jump on a plane or take the train to NYC and see Potter. I could also drive to Richmond and have the radiologist there do it, read it and write up a report, but it's a toss up as far as traveling hassles. I would have to stay overnight in either case. I would rather have a Potter MRI, read by her, and with her report, so I guess I will call and make an appt.

Anyone have the "script"-the prescription, for the MRI?

Bathsheba
Botched blowing up of bladder July/2011
Was on Lyrica 800+ Mg./day for over 2 years
Bad fall due to Lyrica dizziness, seizure
Due to low blood sugar, side effect of Lyrica
Now on gabapentin, OxyContin, tramadol
Looking for pain pump, has to be local
Bathsheba

Post by Bathsheba »

Violet-

Now I am wondering whether it's worthwhile to even get a Potter MRI if all the MD's think it's worthless. My case is a little different from others as it results from surgical trauma. No cutting was involved, just blowing up the bladder (see Larry's story). One neurologist says the PN could have just been stretched, not entrapped. Thinking out loud. Would the Potter MRI in my case be worth it to determine whether the nerve was entrapped by the procedure or just stretched? I have no insurance.

Bathsheba
Botched blowing up of bladder July/2011
Was on Lyrica 800+ Mg./day for over 2 years
Bad fall due to Lyrica dizziness, seizure
Due to low blood sugar, side effect of Lyrica
Now on gabapentin, OxyContin, tramadol
Looking for pain pump, has to be local
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry, Bathsheba, I am still catching up with reading the forum after a trip -- I hope this reply is not too late. I don't think all surgeons are totally discounting MRI results especially if something definitive shows up. If you are certain you would not ever want to go for PNE surgery, I'm not sure what point there would be in having an MRI. If you are thinking about surgery but just need further confirmation of a likely entrapment before making up your mind it could be worth it because it might help you decide on which approach might be best for you. But notice I am using the word "might" a lot because there are still so many unknowns in the diagnosis of PNE.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ysabal96

Post by ysabal96 »

Heading to NY to Get my Potter MRN-please say some prayers for me Anybody!!! I am so desperate-It'sd going on year 7 & I have so many uneccesary surgeries and we are near broke, besides a bad pain dr. that's suing us for slander becuz Iwrote him a bad review. We've been fighting this for about a year now-uber expensive! I just need some relief--we all do! But fighting a disease we don't really know where to start is mind numbing! Anyway wish me luck & could really use some prayers more than anything-will report back the findings.
endo ablation '07 (endometriosis)-saplingo oophrectmy '08 Misdiagnosed hereafter & searching-laminectmy & decmpressin '09-2 spinal cord stim trials '10 bnionectmy,hamstring tenotomy, bursectmy ischal bursa,&remval osteophytes '11 PFC nerve accidently cut/pain (15+) inj-only numb med wrks. All surg (cept 1st) 2 corrct sit pain Med-Soma/MSIR/ER,Topamax, HRT
deBBieW

Post by deBBieW »

Hi ysaba196,
You poor girl, I will pray the potter MRI sheds some light for you. Please let us know what the test results are.

Debbie
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .

Return to “MRI/MRN”