MRI advice

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Elmwood

MRI advice

Post by Elmwood »

Hey everyone. I was thinking of getting an MRI done and was going to try and contact Dr. Potter in NY but I found an institute near me (Boston) that does them. They seem to have centers throughout the county but I noticed that Dr. Filler appears to be affiliated with them. I have read some stuff on this site that doesn't exactly paint him in a glowing light. I was curious if somebody could look at the website I've posted and give me their opinion. I'm not too computer savy and posted it below but It looks like you'll have to cut and past it. If that doesn't work you can find it under "Boston Neurography" on your search engine.

Thanks to anyone who takes a look for me.

http://www.bostonneurography.com/nerve- ... ntrapment/
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
Karyn

Re: MRI advice

Post by Karyn »

Hi Elmwood,
I looked at the site. I wish I knew someone who's been there. Couldn't hurt to give it a try. Especially since they're claiming the scan would be covered by insurance.
I agree that it would be much easier to having the imaging done here, rather than travelling to NY.
Please let us know if you decide to go.
Warm regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

I will most likely go as I don't see any harm an MRI can do. I'll let you know how it goes. I just sent them an email today so I don't know how long it'll take to get an appointment.

Thanks
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Hi Elmwood,
From what I understand about Dr. Fillers MRN facilities, they state "MRN is covered by most major insurance plans". This doesn't necessarily mean they ACCEPT insurance.
Usually, it's up to the patient to get reimbursed by the insurance company. It might not be a bad idea to get clarification about this.
Best regards,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

My concerns with Dr. Filler weren't so much insurance related as much performance. I remember reading some posts on this site where people were for the most part saying Dr. Filler made a lot of promises that he could not follow through on. Or that he made a lot of false claims. Stuff like "%100 cured." I don't remember the exact quotes or posts but his name does not fill me with confidence. If he is based in California he will of course not be at the Boston area MRI facility but he seems to be affiliated with this nation wide MRI chain of sorts so thats why I was concerned. But getting an MRI can't hurt so i'll go and check it out and let people know if it appears to be refutable or not.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Best wishes, Elmwood!
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Will you be able to get a copy of the scan Elmwood? I was able to but mine wasn't a Filler scan. It would always be a good thing to have if this was a possibility for future Dr appointments etc.
take care
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

I certainly hope to get the copies as I'm sure i'll have other appointments in the future where having the MRI scans will be helpful.

Thanks for your reply
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Elmwood, as I understand it the MRN can give valuable information even though it's not considered 100% accurate -- but there is no diagnositc test that's 100% accurate for PNE. So if you can get it locally and your insurance will cover it that sounds like a good idea. I would be interested to hear how it goes for you. ;)

Best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

I emailed them Friday and have yet to hear back so that could be our first indication on their quality but I will certainly keep people updated. They have centers across the country so hopefully it'll be a service others will be able to take advantage of.

Thanks

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”