New here. Male issues: Suffering from Pain and Tingling

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
dbejeoBette3

New here. Male issues: Suffering from Pain and Tingling

Post by dbejeoBette3 »

Hello I'm male age 30

I suffered some abnormal pains 1 month ago that started a whole series of symptoms.First of all, i did have some sex . Had no pain.

Then 20 minutes after, this happened:
The pains were when i went to pee in the restroom and i felt electircal shock-like pains(2 of them) in the penis male area. After that, i have all these symptoms
that are still present today and I've been anxious and panicking.

1. Tingling/Burning around scrotum and penis
2. Urination problems
-Inability to feel urge. Don't feel strong urge when i wake up in morning. Dont feel strong urge/defined urge almost none at all during day. It's mainly very vague tiny sensation that tells me maybe i have pee in my system but it's almost nothing
-difficulty starting to pee when i do go to the restroom
-urinary stream breaks up alot and i can't seem to have control in making stronger. it dies out. then i get it again.. and dies out.. etc. then
-weak urinary stream but not too much. actually lately it starts strong
-feel like i want to do even after i did.
-even when out of restroom, feel small urge like i have pee in me. although i really dont.
-When I go have a bowel syndrome i would usually pee strong . But after the injury, now it keeps breaking up and after i do one stream, it dies out and i have to wait for more streams to come. so it takes a while to completely feel empty

3. some sharp pains in the penis
4. At times when i sit and i pass gas, i get pain in the penis glans.
5. at times when i move or like bend my torso or my penis gets squeezed by the pants/underwear i get a pain in the penis.

It's been 1 month with these symptoms, and although the urination has become alittle better in terms of stream strength..and also the sharp pains have decreased..i still have them many times, and the urination abnormal still. I have no pain with urination , and no pain with ejaculation(which i tried just to test).

I've gone to a urologist who did see i have a tender prostate and thus is treating me for Prostatitis.. But i dont think that explains why i have pains
upon being touched/bumped in the penis or the fact that i have some very annoying tingling/buringin in the scrotum/penis. Kind of like pins/needles.
not exactly like pins/needles but something like it.

The prostatitis symptoms I read in the web , always say that people have a frequeent strong urge to urinate. And mine is not that, mine is that I have a veeery verrrry weak or manytimes nonexistent urge to pee.

Don't my symptoms sound more like PN, than prostatitis? An article i read in the web said that some people dianogsed with Prostatitis can actually have PN instead. In my case the initial pain i had in the penis cause Electrical shock-like pains so I been thiking this may be some nerve damage that somehow has affected sensation in the scrotum and sensation in the bladder/urinary system in terms of control and urge to urinate.

I dont reall y have pains when i sit. And my pain doesn't increase when i sit.
helenlegs 11

Re: New here. Male issues: Suffering from Pain and Tingling

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Hi There and Welcome to hope,
Glad you have found this site and hope we can help.
The electric shock type pains do sound nerve related but I would keep on with the prostate treatment although it will do no harm for you to investigate PN and the treatments available too.
I would take a look at the home page here. You will find a whole heap of good information on there including a list of symptoms and treatments available.
The usual first things to implement are medication and some PT. Again the home pages have the information.
Take a look at the lists of Doctors too, if you find that physiotherapy with medication works for you, great! but many doctors can try a nerve block if you need a complete diagnosis and/or additional conservative treatment.
Let us know how you get on :)
Take care,
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Welcome to the forum.

Not sure what your diagnosis is but pudendal neuralgia is certainly a possibility based on your symptoms. I agree with Helen, if you can find a physical therapist (from our list of PT's) that's close to you, you could get an evaluation to see what might be going on. The pudendal nerve innervates the bladder sphincter. Tight pelvic floor muscles can put pressure on the pudendal nerve and cause irritation without a nerve entrapment. But you also want to be sure there isn't some sort of impingement higher up in the spine that's affecting your sensation in the genital area.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
ezer

Post by ezer »

It is fair to look at prostatitis. It is always a possibility and an empirical course of ciprofloxacin is customary. That was the first diagnosis for some of us here on the forum and I know some people for whom prostatitis was indeed the issue.
2002 PN pain started following a fall on a wet marble floor
2004 Headache in the pelvis clinic. Diagnosed with PNE by Drs. Jerome Weiss, Stephen Mann, and Rodney Anderson
2004-2007 PT, Botox, diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Sheldon Jordan
2010 MRN and 3T MRI showing PNE. Diagnosed with PNE by Dr. Aaron Filler. 2 failed PNE surgeries.
2011-2012 Horrific PN pain.
2013 Experimented with various Mind-body modalities
3/2014 Significantly better
11/2014 Cured. No pain whatsoever since
flyer28

Post by flyer28 »

Problem is, that sometimes there is not a clear border-line between non-bacterial prostatitis/CPPS and PN. You might have chronic pelvic pain/prostatitis and irritated pudendal nerve (without entrapment of nerve). Pudendal nerve (or at least some its parts) are often irritated by prostatitis, but this does not mean that you have to undergo surgery. Many situations are pretty blurry and diffuse and the treatment course is a result of your trial and error strategy.
summer 2009 - episodic post ejaculatory pain,
early 2010- major flare-up, chronification
february 2011 - ESCW wave. major flare-up, lasting 5 months
february 2012 - diagnosed CPPS with irritation of pudendal nerve, hypog. plexus block
june 2012 - dorsal nerve block, no relief
2013 - starting PT with moderate results
2014-2017 better periods interchanging with heavy flare ups
2018 first long remission (several months)
2019-2023 most of the time almost assymptomatic with cca 2 flare ups yearly
dbejeoBette3

Post by dbejeoBette3 »

flyer28 wrote:Problem is, that sometimes there is not a clear border-line between non-bacterial prostatitis/CPPS and PN. You might have chronic pelvic pain/prostatitis and irritated pudendal nerve (without entrapment of nerve). Pudendal nerve (or at least some its parts) are often irritated by prostatitis, but this does not mean that you have to undergo surgery. Many situations are pretty blurry and diffuse and the treatment course is a result of your trial and error strategy.
Thanks for the info. Yeah it's difficult to know what i have. And how do you get the Doctor to perform tests? He might have his own ideas and not want to listen to mine. For example he already did bladder ultrasouond which didn't show any anbormalities .and he did the digital rectal exam(finger) which did show tender prostate. But Although i told him i also have pain in the penis and tingling in the testicles, he didn't really look closely into that.

And so far 2 weeks of Cipro and my urination still not normal. I dont feel urge to pee, and when i go it's difficult and i have weak urinary stream.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

You could try giving your doc the handout for medical professionals - you can find it in this thread. http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... ?f=3&t=953
Some docs will have an open mind, some won't. I hope yours will.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
chenonceau

Post by chenonceau »

@dbejeoBette3 any update on your condition ?
Testicular pain started Jan '15 - off by may '15
Back Pain + Pain when seating Jan '16
Loss of sensation when urinating Mar '16
Urinary Retention Aug '16
Diagnosed PNE Sept'16 - 2 Nerve blocks Nov '16
Diagnosed Myofascial Syndrome March '17
Self-cathing since summer '17
Bilateral Decompression Surgery (Dr. De B., France) September '18

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”