Directors of HOPE - Who are we? - Introduction

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
deBBieW

Re: Directors of HOPE - Who are we? - Introduction

Post by deBBieW »

Where would we be without you guys! Thanks to all of you.

Debbie W
Vag pain, leg burning 3/11, SIJ inj 7/11, Pelvic PT, Chiro/acupuncture,
2-CT pudendal blks 11/2012, did help, less deep vag pain
Potter MRI 04/2012 - Scar tissue/thickening at SS/ST, scar in Alcock canal -bilateral,
Hibner 6/12 suggests Botox (didnt do), 8/12 more pelvic PT w/ dry needling
Gabapentin 1800 mg, Lyrica 200 mg, 5mg valium, vicodin as needed
Trying to get rid of central sensitization burning pain in my legs, Valium seems to be helping
Looking into more mindfulness options. . . . .
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Amanda, I thought it might be helpful if I add a list of the usernames of our current directors for this year (July 2012 to July 2013). Some are active on the forum, some are working from behind the scenes. A huge thank you to all of you and please feel free to introduce yourselves if you haven't already and would like to. We are all volunteers who are committed to advancing the PN/PNE cause.

Directors of HOPE:

Amanda
catherine a
Dave
Ezer
helenlegs11
Karyn
KrisG
stephanies
Violet M
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Hi All,

I am a relatively new director, and one of my goals is to improve the quality of information about pudendal neuralgia on Wikipedia.

As you can see, if you go to the "pudendal nerve entrapment" entry on Wikipedia, there is now a link to HOPE. :)

If you would like to participate in improving Wikipedia articles related to pudendal neuralgia, please send me a PM.

Dave
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Dave wrote:As you can see, if you go to the "pudendal nerve entrapment" entry on Wikipedia, there is now a link to HOPE. :)
8-) :D 8-)
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Thanks to the directors, all of you are kind, compassionate, caring, knowledgable, and upbeat. You really are the hope behind and on the scene. We have all been given something to help us given the minimal info our doctors have this site fills the gaps. The long process for getting treatment is aided by your input and gives us the strength to keep moving forward. Thanks hardly seems enough but it is sincere. Take Care.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”