Pudendal surgery with Dr. Hibner - Sept 24th

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
nyt

Pudendal surgery with Dr. Hibner - Sept 24th

Post by nyt »

Of this morning for Phoenix with my mom. Will have my left pudendal decompression surgery on Monday, Sept. 24th with Dr. Hibner.

At a later date I will update the forum on some new treatments I've been doing over the last 9-12 months that have made a HUGE difference for me. It has been slow going but progress has been steady. My right side has improved since my pudendal surgery 1.5 years ago but I'm not cured. Unfortunately, the RSD has moved into the surgical site which has given me a different challenge. I am concerned the RSD will move into the left surgical site but I'm hopeful with my new treatments that this will not happen.

I'll update everyone if there are any new treatments or surgical techniques that Dr. Hibner is doing once I'm up to it. And at some point I will update everyone on my treatments.

I'm going to tell Dr. Hibner he better have the scar on my left side the same as the right so that I'm symmetrical :lol: !
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
helenlegs 11

Re: Pudendal surgery with Dr. Hibner - Sept 24th

Post by helenlegs 11 »

We will not need photographic evidence of symmetry nyt . . . . although ????? hmmmm ;) However we do need you to get well soon. Hope it all goes fantastically for you (well as fantastic as getting a matching scar can go)
All the luck imaginable.
take tons of care,
Helen xxx
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Karyn

Post by Karyn »

Best wishes, Nyt! I hope the surgery goes well for you and I'm looking forward to hearing about the treatments you've been doing.
Very glad your Mom is with you!!!!!! :D
Hugs,
Karyn
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
rea

Post by rea »

Good luck and hope all goes well.
Symptoms began 6/27/12. Diagnosed with Vulvodynia.Estrace and Lidocane with no relief.
Uretha enlarged Aug. 2012. MRI of Lumbar in Sept. 2012.Normal. Did MRI 3 Tesla of ischial spine to Sacro Spin- Normal. Houston-Nerve Block 10-31-12 & MRI (MRN) entrapment of perineal branch, more on right side. Dr. Hibner- block of perineal branches and sclerozation w/relief over 1 month. SIJD/Piriformis Syndrome Left Side. Gabapentin 2400 mg.
Faith

Post by Faith »

Will be praying for you nyt! Hope all goes smoothly and look forward to your update!
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

You are a brave gal, NYT. We will be anxiously awaiting good news. ;)

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”