Morestins nerve?

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Lenny33

Morestins nerve?

Post by Lenny33 »

Anybody know anything on differing nerves coming off pudendal. I had sgy didn't need and causing me worsening problems. In lots of daily pain. Struggling to find answers why this is getting worse.
Last edited by Lenny33 on Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violet M

Re: What else could it be??

Post by Violet M »

Lenny,

I would be interested to hear what the rationale was for deciding you do not have PN.

I had one friend who went to Dr. Robert who had what's called a Morestin's nerve. As I understand it, she said the rectal nerve comes directly from the sacral area instead of off the main trunk of the pudendal nerve. I wonder if that's a possiblity in your case.

Morphologie. 2001 Mar;85(268):21-4.
[The inferior rectal nerve. Anatomical bases of perineal pain].
[Article in French]
Leclair F, Robert R, Faure A, Armstrong O, Rogez JM, Lardoux MC, Leborgne J.
Source

Laboratoire d'Anatomie, Faculté de Médecine 44035-Nantes-France.
Abstract
MATERIAL:

4 corpses (1 fresh, 3 formoled) without preliminary injection; age: 84 to 90.
METHOD:

a front access enabled us to show the origin of the inferior rectal nerve from the pudendal plexus, its course across the Alcook canal and the ischiorectal fossa. Then a posterior transgluteal access showed the short intragluteal course across the "biligamentary tunnel" (between sacrospinal and sacrotuberal ligaments) of nerves and vessels related to the anus, in particular the inconstant Morestin's nerve.
RESULTS AND CONCLUSION:

the compression of nerves causing perineal pain can occur at different places. Depending on the localisation of the origin and the course of the inferior rectal nerve (which change) in relation to the place of that compression, and also the existence or not of Morestin's nerve, the changing topography of these pains can be explained.

PMID:
[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Lenny33

Post by Lenny33 »

Thank you Violet. I will look into the Morestin nerve possibility. Len
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

The reason I thought of Morestin's is that you said your healthcare providers don't believe it's PN and I was wondering if maybe they were saying that because you don't have the typical pain response if they press on your PN. Have you ever had a rectal exam where they press on the pudendal nerve at the ischial spine via the rectum? Robert describes this phenomenon in his article http://www.pudendalhope.info/sites/defa ... iteria.pdf in the section on exquisite tenderness with palpation of the ischial spine via digital rectal exam.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”