Anyone get cure from nerve block?

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
pn_person

Re: Anyone get cure from nerve block?

Post by pn_person »

my congested veins were also diagnosed by an MRN done in NYC

if the vein treatment works for you after the required time, I will consult again with my doc who did not think it was worth the risk

please let us know, thanks again!!!!
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

I will post again on the efficacy of the vein procedure. A follow up today with the vein Doc confirmed that I had a very large and unusual pelvic veriscosity that went right down to the perineum area. Very unusual in a male. He said to give it three more weeks before passing judgement. He believes this is the cause of all my issues. The risks they said were mostly from dye reaction, which i had none, and venopuncture, which so far so good.For me, no risk would be too great as this condition has destroyed my job, my mental outlook and life itself. I am hoping this works.
pn_person

Post by pn_person »

davemon1953 wrote:I will post again on the efficacy of the vein procedure. A follow up today with the vein Doc confirmed that I had a very large and unusual pelvic veriscosity that went right down to the perineum area. Very unusual in a male. He said to give it three more weeks before passing judgement. He believes this is the cause of all my issues. The risks they said were mostly from dye reaction, which i had none, and venopuncture, which so far so good.For me, no risk would be too great as this condition has destroyed my job, my mental outlook and life itself. I am hoping this works.
wow, interesting that he believes pretty definitiely that the venous problems were causing all of your symptoms

guess you will know within the 3 week window..that would be AMAZING if you were back to normal..HOPING for you that that is exactly what happens

if you do have a positive result, I will ask you for a bunch more details regarding your procedure, doctor, etc.

perhaps in that case our two docs could consult

take care and again, best of luck with the result!
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Good luck with that, sounds promising.
Take care
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

100 days out from the coil embolization at this point. It did not work. Funny how the Doc was so sure the varices were the issue. All i gained was 6 metal springs in my pelvis.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry Dave. What's next for you?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
davemon1953

Post by davemon1953 »

Trying PT now. So far no luck
blasterkeg

Post by blasterkeg »

Better but it is no cure. As for pt give it up a waste of money. It may work for a select few. You sould see some results after a month if pt is going to help.
pelvic floor dysfunction
abdominal bladder and penis pain and rectal pain
pain from sitting and car rides
shocking and burning pain though bladder and penis
testicle pain
Miss diagnosed forever with "just passing a kidney stone" or "Prostate infection"
Pain all the time. Sometimes better most of the time it is not
Physical therapy did nothing to help
Current Medication Vicodin and Valium when needed
GABAPENTIN 600MG 1 a day
3 guided nerve blocks done 1 more possible
mary jane

Post by mary jane »

yes, there is a user here,jo1 who got cured 90% from nerve blocks!
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”