Calmare Therapy

This is an area to share and learn about new Medical Advances and Techniques where we can be educated and educate.
lindsayg

Calmare Therapy

Post by lindsayg »

Has anyone had success with Calmare Therapy?
Thanks.
Lindsay
Diagnosed with vulvadynia 2009
Diagnosed with PFD 2011 Dr. Andrew Goldstein in D.C. Started pt for one year, didnt help
Diagnosed with PN Dr. John McDonald UCLA Jan. '12
Had 3 pudendal nerve blocks with Dr. Hibner 2012
Had Botox shots Oct '12. Worked great for 6-7 weeks. Had them again Feb.14th 2013 didn't help
Am currently being treated by Dr. Prager in LA.
pdn

Re: Calmare Therapy

Post by pdn »

hi, what is calmare therapy, pdn
lindsayg

Post by lindsayg »

Look up crcenters.com. Someone on the fb support group I belong to is having it done right now.
Lindsay
Diagnosed with PFD 2011 Dr. Andrew Goldstein in D.C. Started pt for one year, didnt help
Had Botox shots Oct '12. Worked great for 6-7 weeks. Had them again Feb.14th 2013 didn't help
rugby

Post by rugby »

Hi Lindsay,
I live in socal and DR Pragers name keeps coming up. Is it true he does not accept insurance.
What treatment options is he offering.
lindsayg

Post by lindsayg »

Rugby,
Yes it is true that Dr. Prager doesn't take insurance. I originally saw him because he gave ketamine IV infusions. I had five of them. They didn't do anything for my PN pain, but miraculously got rid of my suicidal depression after the first treatment. Researchers are now finding how well ketamine works on depression. He has adjusted my medications, and has also given me Botox. In fact, I'm hoping to get more Botox next month. He really wants me to try a neurostimulator or pain pump but I'm not ready to go that route yet. My MRI's have shown some lumbar problems and he wants to do a ligament procedure called MILD. Then I need an additional procedure of facet blocks, and nerve root blocks. I will probably have these done after the first of the year. He says neither of these problems has caused my PN, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe they will help. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have.
Lindsay

Return to “MEDICAL ADVANCES & EDUCATION”