consultation for possible nerve block

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
chrissy

consultation for possible nerve block

Post by chrissy »

Hello
I am due to see Dr Baranowski in london in a few weeks. My pain started after severe urine retention which was caused by childbirth/epidural etc. Pain felt like I had a bowling ball in my vagina I also had burning scratching pain and numbness in the clitorus. This was controlled to around 80 percent with duloxetine 60mg. I also had pt for tight pf muscles.
Around a year after the birth the coccyx pain started and I was at a point where I could not sit. Then prescribed gabapentin 2400mg which I am still working up to syill on 1800mg.
Please can anyone help me prepare for the consultation? What important questions should I be asking? Should I get the nerve blocks, if so is there anything I should know before agreeing to them? Should I push for anything in particular? If I have my period will I still be examined?
Sorry for very long post as you can tell I am nervous for this I have paid a lot to see this dr in london and a long journey down I want to get the best out of the consultation.
Thanks in advance
Chrissy :)
janetm2

Re: consultation for possible nerve block

Post by janetm2 »

Chrissy,
Wishing you the best on your upcoming appointment. One thing for nerve blocks would be to have guided floroscopy would be without radiation, CT is with radiation. If you search in the block on the top right of these pages for unguided there is a set of posts about blocks that ends with california in the title and had info from multiple people and is where I looked to find the non radiation info. I had some unguided that did not hit the mark and then guided worked. Nerve blocks can help with diagnosis and some doctors require them. Good luck
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Violet M

Re: consultation for possible nerve block

Post by Violet M »

Chrissy, good luck with your appointment. I don't know too much about Dr. B so I can't answer all of your questions but I'm thinking a differential diagnosis and list of pros and cons for treatment options with plan of treatment are 2 of the most important things you want to come away with.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”