Help ! Please

This is where we will make important announcements, accept offers of helpful tips from members, and a place for questions and discussion regarding website and forum operations and procedures.
Our Code of Conduct is also viewable here.
Weebsy

Re: Help ! Please

Post by Weebsy »

Thank you very much your right take it one step at a time the only issue is that my dad is wanting me to go on holiday I mean I don't mind but when I'm frequently going to the toilet and in pain I really don't wanna go till I get this sorted out but I can't tell him yet so I'm in a pickle at the moment I'm not in a holiday mood

Also did the medication help your quality of life ?

I'm willing to go for it :) but I heard it makes you gain weight Is that true ?
calluna

Post by calluna »

I see what you mean about holiday plans. Can you talk to your mother, perhaps?

The meds that I am on at the moment - which is quite an unusual combination, by the way, yes absolutely, I really have got my quality of life back. Have a look at my signature, that's my story in brief. I do still have to be careful but basically I am no longer in pain, just the odd warning twinge if I overdo things. That's very different from earlier this year when I was seriously struggling.

WIth regard to gaining weight - well, it can happen, but it isn't necessarily going to. If you look through the list of side effects for these meds, weight loss is in there as well as weight gain. I've been fighting my weight all my life, and since the beginning of 2012 I have managed to lose 39lb - I wish I could say it was 40lb but it is not quite! My BMI was 34 at the beginning of 2012, it is 26 now, normal BMI would be between 19 - 25 so I am nearly there.

Wait and see what your GP suggests. I keep saying that, don't I! :lol:
Weebsy

Post by Weebsy »

Thank you for your response well done on your weight loss well I've been lucky to still maintain my weight even though I'm not the healthiest person :) which is why I was worried I'm a sucker for cakes and chocolate and if these medicines give you weird cravings I'm doomed but I'll be strong and not give in especially if it does give me pain relieve

I hope you life a pain free life :) and enjoy it also even though Ive got this I won't let it break me I'm trying to keep positive I hope to help people in need once I become a nurse that's my dream :)

Regarding my holiday well I've decided to go I need some fresh air besides it's only for 5 days what is a 20 hour flight gonna do it's got a toilet too which is good gonna be embarrassing to keep going constantly but no biggie

Which means I have to cancel my doctors appointment and reschedule :( aww I have to wait again oh well like I said just need to keep positive and stop worrying :) I've got time before uni I'm not as bad as some of the folks here mine is just a nuisance :) that's all

Thank you for all your help :) your awfully kind person I bet your strong too since you've been through soo much an inspiration for us all sorry about the compliments I sometimes go overboard :)
calluna

Post by calluna »

I would suggest that you speak to your GP surgery as soon as possible then, and ask if you can reschedule your appointment. You really do need to speak to your GP and get some pain relief started. Perhaps if there is a cancellation, they could call you? Surely there is some way they can fit you in before you leave.
Weebsy

Post by Weebsy »

Hey

Urm I should rebook an appointment but the problem is that I don't have any finance yet this week till my next pay day and even if I were to reschedule my appointment I wouldn't be able to afford the prescription charge I'm not eligible for free prescription which sucks I need to apply for a HC1 certificate and I can't apply for that yet due to not having documents :(

So I won't be able to pick up my prescription till I get payed I can tell my mum but I don't want to make her pay for it since she's struggling herself at the moment usually I support her.

Meanwhile I went to my uni taster day for nursing and even though I was excited intrigued I couldn't concentrate unfortunately the pain was too much I kept trying to stay comfortable but I knew sitting in a certain position won't take the pain away :( it was awful the burning was the only thing on my mind but I got out ok I ended up enjoying the day die to the friends I made :)

Also it was handy to have toilet breaks ended up going 3 times despite not consuming any drinks because I know if I drink I will end up going twice as much so I'm pretty dehydrated but I'm at home and compensating that by drinking and not embarrassing myself by going to the toilet too many times I'm at my own home after all

I just want this pain to go away :( it's ruining my life sorta I don't know how I'm coping :D I guess I'm strong and try to deal with it my own way till I seek help

Thank you sooo much for listening and replying I feel like this site I can freely express my emotions :)
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Weebsy,

Medications to help control the symptoms are important in order to prevent a cycle of pain and nerve hypersensitivity with permanent changes in the spinal cord and brain. You can think of the meds as temporary until you find the proper treatments.

Hope your holiday goes well.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Weebsy

Post by Weebsy »

Violet M wrote:Weebsy,

Medications to help control the symptoms are important in order to prevent a cycle of pain and nerve hypersensitivity with permanent changes in the spinal cord and brain. You can think of the meds as temporary until you find the proper treatments.

Hope your holiday goes well.

Violet

No my holidays were pretty bad I'm having family issues at the moment soo I haven't been able to get the right treatment but since I've been stressed with these personal issues the pain has reduced mainly because I was in a hot climate it was almost unnoticeable which I strange the holiday was rubbish nothing good came out of it to be honest :( only heartache and confusion and the loss of my family
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Sorry, it went badly for you. Often families don't understand people in pain. :(

Please try to take care of yourself and go easy on yourself.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Weebsy

Post by Weebsy »

No this is deep family issues this holiday made me realise perhaps it's best I lived my own life if you know what I mean I'm heading home now and I have done things which my family are not happy with but for me seem normal yeah soo it will not be around for a while :D since I'm gonna find myself a place to stay

Return to “ANNOUNCEMENTS & COMMUNITY”