Looking for someone who understands to have a life with

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
Istherelife?

Looking for someone who understands to have a life with

Post by Istherelife? »

Really don't want to spend my life alone, have good job, house etc
But not many women would understand PN or PNE.
Maybe only someone else that has it....

I try not to let it stop me , anyone out there.....
Texas39
Positivepoppy

Re: Looking for someone who understands to have a life with

Post by Positivepoppy »

You will find someone I'm sure, try and be positive and not allow PNE to steal your life and personality. I know it's easier said than done but keep believing.
I wish you all t he best and hope romance blossoms for you in the future. We all deserve happiness!
HerMajesty

Re: Looking for someone who understands to have a life with

Post by HerMajesty »

I think this is not hard due to the internet. I did about 3 minutes of search and found this, although have never used it and cannot endorse as I am married: http://2date4love.com/ The search term I used was "sexual dysfunction dating", but you might want to try "chronic illness dating" or "chronic pain dating" too. There are definitely "asexual dating" sites, but this might not be an appropriate venue as asexuality is an orientation where a person is disinterested in sex, and most members of such a site might expect to find an able bodied person who can participate in all other activities without physical limitations.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”