I can only sit with use of heating pad, am I alone?

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
muddster7

I can only sit with use of heating pad, am I alone?

Post by muddster7 »

I have nerve damage due to a car accident and can only sit comfortably if I'm sitting directly on a heating pad. I use one in my vehicle as well as my bed (where I eat the majority of my meals). Does anyone else find heated seats/heating pad a necessity in order to sit? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Est1969

Re: I can only sit with use of heating pad, am I alone?

Post by Est1969 »

I always sit on a heating pad. In my car I have a heat seat and use it year round. In fact, I will only ride in my own car because my car seats are very warm. You are Not alone.
muddster7

Post by muddster7 »

Thanks so much for your reply! I also prefer my own vehicle (it gets 11mpg)... but I have it set up perfect for my poor rear end lol. I have a wooden board, padding, heat pad and then another layer on top... I use it year round! It's the only way I can sit to drive somewhat comfortably. I'm so sorry that you have the same issue, but thank God for heated seats (even makeshift) and not feeling alone. Take care!
theresa

Post by theresa »

I roll heating pad and put it between my legs and hold it as long as I can stand it. It seems to spread my pain all around instead of one side. awful way to live.
muddster7

Post by muddster7 »

I've never tried rolling the heating pad, but everything's worth a try for sure - thanks! I use the heating pad at times kinda like a diaper ugh. It helps with spasms and I cover myself with a blanket in case someone shows up... all I need is to look like a bigger freak than I already feel like. I just found out that I also have labral tears in both hips, yay for me. :( At least we understand each other and I totally agree that's it's not a fun way to live at all, but it beats the alternative I suppose. <3

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”