weight loss with pne

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
Ccannon

weight loss with pne

Post by Ccannon »

Good morning everyone. I hope all is well. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to lose the weight I've gained since over the past year. I had pne decompression nerve surgery last Nov. & sadly without being able to do much activity plus the meds make that helped me gain weight especially in my stomach I am hoping someone can give me some advice on how to lose my stomach weight? Ive been walking in a pool, &taking short walks on the FEW descent days I get which aren't much. I know sit ups are very bad to do and cardio is out of the question so if anyone has advice on losing stomach weight please advise me. Thanks PNE friends.

C C :D
C C

Oct 2012 part HYS removing uterus. Health spiraled downward afterward. April 2013 diagnosed with PNE, pelvic floor dysfunction,coccyxdia. March 2013 Bladder destation surgery & scar tissue removed. Received pudendal nerve blocks weekly
until Nov.2013 when Dr. Antolak preformed PNE decompression surgery on me. My L4/L5 disk is bulging, pain mang. doc. has given me injections but nothing working now. Terrible pain traveling from L4/L5 to right hip plus recovery from PNE surgery
bikelover

Re: weight loss with pne

Post by bikelover »

Unfortunately, I share the same experience even with daily exercise (swimming or jogging). Its the meds, I went from a waist size 29 to 32....
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

CC,
Well I hate to say this but the only way I could find to lose weight given the inability to exercise was to cut the calorie intake. I have had foot pain since age 26 then PNE the last 4 years and now age 53. Somewhere in my 30's I went probably from 150 down to 125 pounds. This was watching all that I ate and feeling like I was hungry all the time (my one sanity was a good dessert a week). Now I am back to the 150 but decided that is not so bad since I have held this weight for probably 15 years and most of my family is/was much heavier at this age. I do watch what I eat but not starving and told my dr I am accepting this weight (she said if I lost some I could get off blood pressure pills). Not great advicr and certainly you need to ensure you get enough of the right foods so the "starving" is not actually going to make you feel worse. Fortunately I did not have the pills cause weight gain and given this weight history I was really scared that I would need to do that or better yet find a way to take and keep it off. Not being able to exercise makes this all the more challenging. I hope someone has a better idea.
Janet
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
Ccannon

Post by Ccannon »

Thanks guys, it doesn't help I love chocolate & carbs!!!!! If anyone else knows of a way to lose stomach weight let me know. Thanks everyone
C C

Oct 2012 part HYS removing uterus. Health spiraled downward afterward. April 2013 diagnosed with PNE, pelvic floor dysfunction,coccyxdia. March 2013 Bladder destation surgery & scar tissue removed. Received pudendal nerve blocks weekly
until Nov.2013 when Dr. Antolak preformed PNE decompression surgery on me. My L4/L5 disk is bulging, pain mang. doc. has given me injections but nothing working now. Terrible pain traveling from L4/L5 to right hip plus recovery from PNE surgery
janetm2

Post by janetm2 »

Cc,
You have my sympathies being from Italian descent we just love our food in general. Start planning the next meal before you finished this one! Such a struggle. I have given up and cutback some but still eat everything just more that portion control.
Janet :P
2007-08 pelvic muscles spasms treated by EGS. 6/27/10 sat too long on hard chair- spasms, EGS not work Botox help, cortisone shots in coccyx help, still pain, PT found PNE & sent me to Dr Marvel nerve blocks & MRN, TG left surgery 5/9/11. I have chronic bunion pain surgery at age 21. TG gave me back enough sitting to keep my job & join in some social activities. I wish the best to everyone! 2019 luck with orthotics from pedorthist & great PT allowing me to get off oxycodone.
river133

Post by river133 »

Oh schucks, I have gained 10 lbs since not being able to walk as much. Sure have been eating a lot of veggies and lean meat. I have been checking out google for the paleo diet. It is all the same thing that we all know.no sugar or white flour.

[quote][/quote]
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
river133

Post by river133 »

Oh schucks, I have gained 10 lbs since not being able to walk as much. Sure have been eating a lot of veggies and lean meat. I have been checking out google for the paleo diet. It is all the same thing that we all know.no sugar or white flour.

[quote][/quote]
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
Ccannon

Post by Ccannon »

Thanks for all of the in put, I guess im going to have small portions and find healthier snack bars. Maybe my pain management doctor will have some ideas, ,, that's a big maybe:) Any other ideas please let me know. Thanks sisters; )
C C

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”