Sacral Stimulator Implant for PN updated 3/6/15

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
blightcp

Re: Sacral Stimulator Implant for PN updated 3/6/15

Post by blightcp »

River,
Don't worry about it, almost all of us have taken gabapentin and understand. The makers of it publish that it only works for 30% without symptoms. I had such a bad reaction to it the pain clinic marked it as an allergic response.

Hang in there.
PN by sedentary job and commute
Treated for IlioInguinal pain 2008-10
PT by Dr. Conway's team | 3 PN blocks @ Elliott in Manchester USA
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
PT and bed rest continues
Employer refused accommodations in 8/13, now in the disability war.
Sacrial Stimulator 9/14 by Dr. Ross Boston MA
Anesthetic pain pump trial 3/16/15 by Dr. Ross
river133

Post by river133 »

Thanks Blightcp about the gabapentine issue. Have you heard any thing about your final implant? I just called there again ,had to eave a message. I keep pestering her about my trial. Each time they do a different procedure ,insurane has to be approved. She told me that it used to be one time, and it was all accepted. Must be medicare..or bcbs. Had to cancel the transferaminal injection. Came down with the nasty flu., I may cancel the whole thing altogether. The stetoid I mean.

Has any one that you know of ever been helped with this ? How could it help with leg pain. I have had so many steroid injectios these past 7 years ,I don't think it is good for the bones. The heck with it. It is I believe the piriformus,sciatic.
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

The entire back of your leg is half of S2 and the other is PN, my stimulator can completely lock up my left leg if the settings are wrong, or my foot will cramp. When I had the pain pump trial they were checking my leg every hour, back of my thigh, calf, and the top of my foot for any numbness. This is normal anatomy,

S1 and S2 share the area around the groin and bowel and bladder.
S1 and S2 are the back of your legs also.
S2 and S3 are the actual sex organs and the immediate area around them.
S4 and S5 is your outer buttocks

I just double checked all of this.

You are not crazy, S2 does point to the majority of your leg and PN symptoms. From your trial S1 is ruled out so the major culprit here is S2. A local anesthetic injection would be the fastest way to make sure this is the right spot. It would numb the area and you would get a really good idea if that was the area. Also the stim trial did not work, but that is what a trial is for.

When my sciatic nerve was triggered it was in my thigh, and a shooting pain from my hip to my leg. When my S2 is stimulated the entire back of my leg locks up, hamstrings, calf, everything I cant bend my leg. They are very different sensations, but you could confuse them very easily. they can tap on your sciatic nerve on your hip and sometimes get a response.

Have you tried to find a pelvic PT? They may be able to help you narrow down the issues and better document the types of symptoms. Look for a PT the focuses on women's health or pelvic health. I am not suggesting that they would fix your issues, but they may be able to better document the issues that are there. IT may be easier to get into a PT to use them as an advocate to help you get the right treatment.
TIR 2010 and TG by Dr. Conway in May of 2012 uncovered nerve damage, declared surgical failure in May of 2014
river133

Post by river133 »

Thanks Carl, you are very helpful. I will call the nurse for Dr.Schultz tomorrow and ask about S2 ,or tell them.
I had a steroid injection in L5 yesterday for my nerve impingement. It was extremely painful, Already today ,I am feeling much improvement. Sighhhh. I have had more darn pain clinics giving me steroid shots for years in sciatic. L5 IS part of sciatic.
When are you having your pump put in? Blessings. Ellie
Surgery Jan.05 2011 TG with Dr Antalok. Dr.Chambi May of 2012 showed injury from a fall on back, 11 years ago. My piriformis muscle caused a large amount of fibrosis .My sciatic nerve was growing through the piriformis muscle which caused a bifid p.muscle. . Dr Chambi decompressed the sciatic,pudendal,pfcn ,and peroneal nerves. I hope to have a nuerostimulator put in to help with the sciatic pain that never goes away. Most days are better with the pudendal if I do not sit at all.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

The pump went in Tuesday! You can read about the details in the posts above.

Finally it is done, I am pretty sore, but it seems to be helping. Time will tell, but I am hopeful this is what will tame this nerve.
river133

Post by river133 »

May 15th 1.50 pm I see the nurse practioner, next,the implant nurse. Then the PT.
May 27th trial at 7,30 am
May 29th 7.45 check meds in the trial implant. Then PT again.
Will need insurance improval again,some time in June for final implant.
Hopeful one last time.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

River,

Do you know where they are going to put the trial? L5 is a traditional location, the good news with that is that the medicine can travel down to the lower vertebra as well.

The only way to find out is to do the trial. I pray that the find the right spot for you.
I is better to say that the trial location is wrong than to have the pump in the wrong spot.
river133

Post by river133 »

No,Carl,I do not have a clue what area he will do the trial. Yours is S2? What is happening with you. Is your final implant working? Blessings.
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

I have been so busy this week I have not updated, sorry about that.

Yes the pump is at S2, and it is working great. I finally feel like I have something that can actually fight the pain. I will update the posts in the pain pump area today.
It is posted here:
http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... f=5&t=6616
blightcp

Post by blightcp »

Just to follow up, I am still using the stimulator even with the pump. I find that I still need the stimulation to help keep the anal sphincter in line.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”