MA/NH therapists

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Dave

Re: MA/NH therapists

Post by Dave »

Hi, I see Laura Robbins at Marathon, and I like her very much. I am making some progress with her.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Thats good news. What are your symptoms and what type of therapy has she done for you?

Thanks
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

So far she done a walking biomechanical assessment, assessment of tension internally and externally, myofascial release, and prescribed stretching exercises. Also diet and hydration has been reviewed and advised. In a future session she will have one of her colleagues assess my cycling form, which is in their expertise. My strength training will be revised, at least temporarily.
Elmwood

Post by Elmwood »

Cool. Must be a nice feeling to get relief even if only a bit. I may look into her in the future.
Scrotal pain and tingling started in 1999. Soreness after ejaculation. Occasional numbness in Scrotum. Some urinary frequency. Symptoms disappeared for 3 years in 07 and came back in 2010. Tingling and tickling in penis 2011. Pain in buttocks with sitting started in July of 2012. Not much success with PT. Tried the usual meds with some success, but didn't like the side effects. Dr. Potter MRI revealed pelvic floor varices. Both hips opperated on in 2013 for FAI. Some help with supplements.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Dave wrote:Hi, I see Laura Robbins at Marathon, and I like her very much. I am making some progress with her.
Things started very well with Laura Robbins at Marathon PT with myofascial release and stretching. 

However, things have really gone terribly down hill as she has been focusing on trying to get me to strengthen my glutes and abs, in theory, to take pressure off of the pelvic floor muscles. This approach may work with many forms of pelvic floor dysfunction, however, I don't think it works well with pudendal neuralgia.  And it's backfiring terribly for me.

Also, bigger issue, Marathon PT does not take my insurance. I am going to try Stacey Berger in Westborough. She takes my insurance. Does anybody know anything about her?

Dave
TriMaverick

Post by TriMaverick »

Dave wrote:
Dave wrote:
However, things have really gone terribly down hill as she has been focusing on trying to get me to strengthen my glutes and abs, in theory, to take pressure off of the pelvic floor muscles. This approach may work with many forms of pelvic floor dysfunction, however, I don't think it works well with pudendal neuralgia.  And it's backfiring terribly for me.

Also, bigger issue, Marathon PT does not take my insurance. I am going to try Stacey Berger in Westborough. She takes my insurance. Does anybody know anything about her?

Dave
I don't but sorry you took a turn for the worse. Perhaps more specific abdominal and gluteal muscles would be the target. Granted the pudendal nerve varies from individual to individual. She told me ab strength training should continue but in my cases crunches should be truncated for the time being. The last scheduled appointment might have exacerbated only because I was stuck on 495 and 93, which must have been backed up from Boston to St. Johnsbury, instead of at my appointment. From my experience with her so far so good.
leslieg

Post by leslieg »

Hi, I am looking for a good manual therapist with pelvic dysfunction experience in southern NH or MA. I see this thread is old. Does anyone have any new experiences with PTs in this area?
joeparz

Post by joeparz »

I have seen the following

Megan Markowski cucchiara. Super nice. Saw her 3 years ago when symptoms first started. No improvement after 4.months with her.

Ana koteff. Also super nice. Way more in depth than megan was, had more technology to take advantage of.

Tina dicenso. Another nice woman. Even more in depth than ana was. After 3 months she had my pelvic floor totally relaxed. But pain still was a 10 and actually worse so i decided to stop seeing her.

I gave up with PT. I think its official that my pelvic floor is tight because of my painful nerve, not the other way around.
Patty

Post by Patty »

Joe did you see Tina in Waltham? Did she take any insurance? I'd love to hear more about her.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

Liz Rummer is now practicing in Waltham. She is great, but does not take insurance. If you can, it may be worth seeing for an evaluation or a few sessions to get you started. She can probably also recommend another local PT for regular appointments as I am sure she will understand that you need someone who takes your insurance.
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”