Botox to coccyxgeus lavator ani and obturator

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
solarmom

Re: Botox to coccyxgeus lavator ani and obturator

Post by solarmom »

Hi,
I've wondered too about why the docs act like it is 'no worries' when I hear all of these horror stories.
Is this web site just a selection effect of seeing the worst?

I'm going to physical therapy with a PT associated with a urogynecologist's office.
The gyno said if I don't get relief within a certain period, she can do Botox.

I've been debating this, both because I hear the negative stories and because of the blind injection aspect.
One thing that has been interesting is that she gave me a valium prescription and recommended taking one before each PT session.
I assume this is to relax me as much as possible before the work, but the response from nyt makes me wonder, can you get a better effect on injections if you are as relaxed as possible prior to procedure? When I had my caudal epidural it was very helpful with my sacrum pain and hips, and I was actually at a pretty low pain level that morning. Probably because my pain level is lowest in morning anyway and I was still half asleep from the Gaba.
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

Solarmom: I've heard that yes, it is best to be relaxed going into the procedure, which is why many doctors Do the procedure with the patient PT under anesthesia.

Btw, I also have just been prescribed valium tablets to help my muscles relax. I've been taking only 2.5mg at bef time because it knocks me out. But I think it has been helping overall a bit. Are you having any success with it so far?
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
solarmom

Post by solarmom »

Hi Make-it-stop.

Yes, I'm still taking 5mg Valium before each PT session. It helps with relaxing during the session and that effect seems to last a couple of days.
Of the drugs I've tried the Gabapentin and the Valium have worked the best for me. When I took other muscle relaxants I had horrible dreams.
But I only take the Valium once a week because I'm afraid of the addictive aspect.
make-it-stop

Post by make-it-stop »

I'm glad it seems to be helping you. Although it might have been helping me a little, I haven't been able to get over the drowsiness side effect. 30 minutes after taking half of a 5mg pill, I am out cold. I'm going to be tapering off of it and trying gabapentin for the first time tonight. I hope that works as much as it's helped you. Have you had any side effects from the gabapentin? I am a bit nervous, tbh.
5/11: burning in all areas innervated by PN; self-diagnosed PN
5/11: pelvic floor PT (PT #1) did not help after 2 sessions; she gave up
12/11: Kalinkin MRI doesn't show anything significant
12/11: Consult with Hibner; agreed with PN diagnosis, likely due to tight pelvic muscles
12/11 - 12/13: Tried 4 other pelvic PTs - tbh, they weren't great - no results
1/14 - 11/15: pelvic PT with PT #6 (better results, feel about 30% better after 2.5 years of PT)
Related conditions: MPS, S.I dysfunction
jaxi123

Re: Botox to coccyxgeus

Post by jaxi123 »

Should you have a guided or unguided botox to the coccyxgeus muscle?

Can anyone report that has had success with Botox to the coccyxgeus?
volcanbird

Post by volcanbird »

Does anyone know the cost of Botox without insurance?
jaxi123

Post by jaxi123 »

It can run $2000-$4000.

Return to “BOTOX”