nerve blocks failed

Read about the latest Technology, which Doctors are performing this technique and the advantages and disadvantages of this cutting edge pain management therapy.
kayekaye

nerve blocks failed

Post by kayekaye »

I had two nerve blocks one today and one a month ago My doc says now to try nerve stimulation weekly for 8 weeks Anyone can tell me more about its success for failure. She also gave me exercises including squatting and to try a donut. Does anyone have any cushions that work what are they called
nyt

Re: nerve blocks failed

Post by nyt »

Not sure what your doctor means by nerve stimulation. Do they mean like a TENS unit type therapy?

If you put in the "search" box in the upper right hand corner the word "cushion" you will find numerous threads that discuss the different types of cushions individuals on the forum have tried.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
kayekaye

Post by kayekaye »

just got a Cushionyour Assets cushion and it is helpful thank G-d I have not driven far yet which will be the the true test but so far looks like a good invenstment Monday i start some nerve stimulus thing I have no idea other than similar to biofeedback do this for 2 months The second nerve block helped a bit Less labial pain now pretty much all in the rectal area. So i am doing better hope it continues
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Glad you are seeing some improvements. I would be interested to hear how the new treatment goes for you. Do you know if it's a TENS unit or something else?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
kayekaye

Post by kayekaye »

will find about tomorrow in more detail
kayekaye

Post by kayekaye »

well my therapist wants to now try a nerve block in the puborectalis muscle She tried 2 nerve blocks in the peudendal nerve and no progress. I pointed to where the pain was (in addition to my rectal area where i am using suppositories and the cushion) in thelabial area hurts So she thinks i have 2 condtions Next Monday we will try the different procedure Most frustrating and the doctor is well thought of outside Philadelphia. Anyone have this muscle problem?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Yes, I had problems with the whole pelvic floor -- puborectalis, pubococcygeus, obturatur internus....

What two conditions does she think you have?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROSTIMULATION”