Pain now coming back sooner than past blocks

Nerve blocks using many techniques, and medications - options discussed in detail
Violet M

Re: Pain now coming back sooner than past blocks

Post by Violet M »

Cryoablation of the pudendal nerve is a neurodestructive procedure that uses extreme cold to destroy part of the nerve.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4045265/

Following is a link to an article describing cryoablation of the genitofemoral nerve:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19935984

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
royce

Post by royce »

My nerve blocks were not really impacting my pain. I still have terrible pain in my scrotum. At this point my PM doctor recommended a RF ablation which i had done today. Minimal discomfort most of the day 12 hours post op but now I am currently experiencing severe pain. I'm hoping it will go away but so far it has not. Does anyone know how long it takes to feel any improvement?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Royce, did you have pulsed RFA? Several people have posted on the forum that they had flare-ups after PRFA. Here are a couple of the posts.
bobbim wrote:Hello Team,

I am sorry but I guess a better late than never response is okay.

I have had pulsed radiofrequency ablation twice along with steroid injection in Hong Kong under CT guidance by Dr. Assad Hussain.

The first time I had it pulsed radiofrequency ablation had the best response with about 3-4 month effectiveness. I had a pretty big flare up for about 6 weeks after but then things died down and as long as I did not sit, bend or any of the other things I felt pretty good.

The second time I had pulsed radiofrequency ablation with steroid with 4 months after that and my flare up was almost 2 months but was not as effective. I think it has a lot to do with how close they get to the nerve..and accuracy by MD.

It has been over a year since my last pulsed radiofrequency ablation and I am thinking about repeating this spring. I am dreading the flare up that always happens afterwards but this might be my only other option as I cannot have too many steroid injections.

I, like you, always pray that one day there will be a cure or I will just wake up one day and the pain will be gone. Until then, thanks to all of you for your support as we triumph over this together.

Take care
This person said that Dr. Baranowski told him there could be a flare-up for a couple of weeks.

http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... f=5&t=5950

Hope this information helps and I hope your flare-up calms down soon. All the best,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NERVE BLOCKS”