Could this be PN or PNE?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
Melly

Re: Could this be PN or PNE?

Post by Melly »

I started noticing about 3 years ago that after I would urinate, my vagina would burn for like 5 mins. I was tested for UTI and always negative. I just lived with it. In Dec 2016 I noticed pain when sitting and thought maybe I pulled a high hamstring from my Jillian Michaels DVDs I do 6 days a week (going on 3 years). I don't know why else it would start? I have not quit exercising because it doesn't hurt to exercise and sometimes takes my mind off of it. My urine just started coming out slower and I feel pressure in my rectum even though I already went today. This whole thing baffles me and I'm scared to death of what's to come. I already feel depressed and anxiety through the roof. Does it bother anyone else to exercise?
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

I cant excercise. Which is frustrating as I was extremely active before the injury. One word of caution though, I continued to push through & ignore symptoms. This made my condition much much worse. My advice would be to minimise physical activity until you are certain that it wont cause more damage. But I do understand the desire to be active...
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I did the same thing as Andy -- continued to exercise until I couldn't anymore. I didn't put the two together for quite awhile because exercise itself wasn't particularly painful in the early stages of PN. I had mild pain for 1-2 years before it became full-blown pain. Exercise is what caused my chronic ligament strain leading to PN.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”