Unsure what is going on

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
52jo

Unsure what is going on

Post by 52jo »

I have a question that i'm not sure anyone will be able to answer. I completely understand that PGAD is not a sexual arousal phenomena, however, I found that last week I had a strange sensation in my genitals, and as a individual who is asexual, I have no reference to work fromore having not experienced that sexual feelings. This sensation was repeated once this week and I did not experience pain or any need to do anything to relieve myself, but this maybe due to the asexuality. I do have right temporal lobe epilepsy which has been controlled for twenty years. But, i do suffer RLS and overactive bladder, both having been linked to this condition as has menopause, which I may be in. I am also mentally ill which may have some bearing, I wondered if this fits in with anyone else's experience.
Violet M

Re: Unsure what is going on

Post by Violet M »

Well, everyone's experience is a little bit different but overactive bladder and restless leg syndrome seem to have a peripheral nerve component as do pudendal neuralgia and many cases of PGAD. Are you taking any medications or having any treatment for your overactive bladder and RLS?

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
52jo

Post by 52jo »

Thank you for your reply. No I'm not taking any meds for these however, I had not taken my epilepsy meds for three weeks when this occurred. I have taken it the last few days and I have not had this sensation since Monday. I never had any other symptoms of complex partial seizures and suppose only time will tell if the issue returns.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Well, it sounds like good news at least for the moment that your symptoms have calmed down. Once you've experienced PGAD you learn to enjoy every single moment when you don't, so enjoy this time and hopefully you will remain symptoms-free.

Take care,

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Fingers crossed you remain symptom free. Good luck...
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”