Need your opinion on smoking Cannabis

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
PleaseHelp

Need your opinion on smoking Cannabis

Post by PleaseHelp »

Hello again kind forum-members,

the topic about cannabis for pain-therapy is everywhere and i know you can't compare cannabis extracts, teas, cbd oils etc to actually smoking cannabis but at least i thought it wouldn't be unhealthy or bad for the PN.
I actually smoke on a daily base since years - my doctor knows it and he said i need to stop because it affects my PN and the medicaments in a negative way. I know every doctor would be against someone using "drugs", but it's easier said than done!

Is it really necessary to stop smoking? I can't find anything that proves me that cannabis is bad for the nerves or would even influence the affect of the medicaments...

thanks and greets
Andy_Pablo

Re: Need your opinion on smoking Cannabis

Post by Andy_Pablo »

I found smoking cannabis irritated my nerves a lot for some reason. I also passed out randomly. I do not have the knowledge to explain the connections between cannabis & my medications, but all I can do is relay my experience & leave you to take that information & do with it as you please...
Credula vitam spes fovet et melius cras fore semper dicit...
PleaseHelp

Post by PleaseHelp »

Andy_Pablo wrote:I found smoking cannabis irritated my nerves a lot for some reason. I also passed out randomly. I do not have the knowledge to explain the connections between cannabis & my medications, but all I can do is relay my experience & leave you to take that information & do with it as you please...
Thanks Andy, that's what i wanted to hear !

I thought every doctor would say that randomly but now i know it is true..
There is the same feeling i get when i smoke.. i realize something is happening there, (irritating) or more like a bad prickling when i smoke .. but i wasn't sure it really comes from smoking! I will stop now, thanks for your information!

Do you also think it stopped maybe the healing process? So it could be that it's going forward now when i stop?
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Yes, that "prickling" feeling you mentioned is similar to the one I experienced. I cannot say for certain that smoking cannabis will stop any healing, but I have always had the understanding that if its painful or unpleasant, then its probably not doing anything positive. But, I am certainly no doctor, so I am not 100% sure either way. If your doctor advises to stop, then it would probably wise to take their advice. If you do take on board that advice then it also might be an idea to ask them for advice on the best way to stop. I have a friend who smokes regularly & he struggles when he tries to stop suddenly. His body does not react well to it. Your doctor would be able to advise the best way to stop.
PleaseHelp

Post by PleaseHelp »

Andy_Pablo wrote:Yes, that "prickling" feeling you mentioned is similar to the one I experienced. I cannot say for certain that smoking cannabis will stop any healing, but I have always had the understanding that if its painful or unpleasant, then its probably not doing anything positive. But, I am certainly no doctor, so I am not 100% sure either way. If your doctor advises to stop, then it would probably wise to take their advice. If you do take on board that advice then it also might be an idea to ask them for advice on the best way to stop. I have a friend who smokes regularly & he struggles when he tries to stop suddenly. His body does not react well to it. Your doctor would be able to advise the best way to stop.
Yea you got a point with "if its painful or unpleasant, then its probably not doing anything positive" - i tried to lye to myself that it isn't smoking that makes that prickling more after it etc.
I appreciate the advice from the board a lot and honestly this forum and people here answering and trying to give advices gives me hope! I smoked now for years on a daily base, but it's all in your mind, and I'm strong minded, yesterday it was hard to sleep but i slept away after a long time so it works for me, today (2day) and i have no problems, it's mostly the ritual thing "smoke before sleep". I just hope that stop smoking cannabis is useful and hope the recover process is going forward now!

Thanks for your informations :) I really appreciate your help! Hope it's okay to ask another question.

When i stretch my legs, i feel like there is something doing at the nerve or around it - it feels like loosing the entrapment through muscles (at the moment i don't know if i have PN or PNE, no doctor told me). like when you have muscle tenseness at your neck or something else and you stretch your neck and feel like the muscles there are getting loose now. Would you suggest me to do more stretching , yoga , or just a bit Crosstraining or go running to loose the muscles there?
I'm lazy and I give up soon when i don't see a recover / healing process . But i think it could be, also warm bath or heath pillows make it better - like muscles get loose there too!
Andy_Pablo

Post by Andy_Pablo »

Stretching & Yoga is an awkward one because the nerve can get irritated, but its all trial & error really. What works for one, might not work for another. My doctor advised walking & swimming are two low impact 'activities' to do do help keep motion & "grease" the nerves. Running, or anything that could be high impact was advised against. At the start of my injury, I attempted to do my regular training & ended up making myself worse, so you do have to be careful.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”