New to the Forum and Site-Long suffering of pain

Post information about your local support group here
hahnhunny

New to the Forum and Site-Long suffering of pain

Post by hahnhunny »

Greetings~

I am in Ohio and have dealt with pain and mis-diagnosis for most of my adult life. I stumbled on PN in an article on Yahoo the other day and was shocked, stunned, scared, relieved, angry all at the same time as I found this site and began reading through. THIS IS ME~THIS HAS BEEN MY LIFE~ Why has no Dr brought this up before? Why am I self-diagnosing...still? All these years of pain and suffering, lost relationships, isolation, being the "sick Mom on the couch" I cannot believe this still.

Is anyone in Ohio aware of a Dr who has any understanding that I can talk to about this?

Thank you for being here~

~At Wits End~
Violet M

Re: New to the Forum and Site-Long suffering of pain

Post by Violet M »

Hi and welcome to the forum. I remember when I first came to the pudendal neuralgia forum and felt the same way you do. I'm sorry you are going through this type of pain.

There are some doctors in Cleveland at the Cleveland Clinic, in Dayton, and in Cincinnati who are PNE aware but I don't remember their names and I don't know their reputations as far as diagnosing and treating this disease. Some of the ones I've heard of are pain management docs who perform procedures like nerve blocks, etc. You might want to try calling one of the Ohio PT's on this list and ask them for a physician recommendation. http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/63

If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I will try to find out who some of the docs are.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
hahnhunny

Post by hahnhunny »

Thank you Violet~
lismom

Post by lismom »

I would welcome this information, too, as my pain after so many years has worsened, and I still feel like I am self-diagnosing, as well.

Return to “Local Support Groups”