What eases pain I am miserable

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
saint

What eases pain I am miserable

Post by saint »

I am on painkillers but between doses I actually attempt to jump away from my body because of the pain. I tried a nerve block and am thinking of RF but I'm so afraid of getting worse.

How do others cope? Do others have pain this bad? It gets really bad.
Violet M

Re: What eases pain I am miserable

Post by Violet M »

I used to say it felt like being in a prison of pain and there was no way out, which I guess is different than how you described it, but I would agree it was very bad.

I took pain medications part of the time and used natural remedies like heat and ice part of the time. I wouldn't say I always coped with it perfectly though.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
saint

Post by saint »

Did you ever improve? I get very depressed because the pain just won't let up. I am now bedridden. I try to keep busy but the pain takes my breath away at times. I'm wondering what I can try to alleviate it. I tried the mind/ body thing and it just didn't work - so I wondered if there are different levels of damage, or if one damage is only mental and others truly physical.
Amy01

Post by Amy01 »

Its like being the prisoner of our own body, with pain trapped inside and soul echoing for relief. I am still hopeful the worse will be over soon and there will be better days. Along with medications i am taking some herbal treatment fingers crossed.
saint

Post by saint »

Can anyone tell me what worked? I go away for awhile until I can't stand it and I come back looking for answers.
Joelle7979

Post by Joelle7979 »

Hi Saint. I take Lyrica. It has taken 90 percent of my issue away. Mornings are still bad for me. I also take some herbal stuff, not sure if herbal stuff is working because the Lyrica helps. Only thing is what works for one person doesn't work for another. :( I know that when I get stressed or think about my issue too much it flares my problem really bad. I am trying cbt therapy starting tomorrow. I am hoping to find out what is causing my issue. I have had this since September this year, so new to this. I have found great advice from people on here. Knowing I'm not alone has really helped. Don't wish these issues on anyone. I don't want this problem to control me. I really hope you can find what works for you.
saint

Post by saint »

Thanks - can you report on how you make out?

I promise if I find a way out I'll come back and post my results - I would not want another to live like I am.
April

Post by April »

Hi Saint,

I could not function without ice. If the burning is not especially bad, it literally shuts down the pain and it does so quickly. I know Violet mentioned ice in her response, but I just wanted to reiterate that. I create ice packs out of condoms (I use condoms because they are almost indestructible and do not have a closure snap (like plastic bags do)). I put a small amount of water in them, tie them, and freeze them, and I place one on a maxi pad in my pants. I wear this in public, so I am not at all bed bound. I am on several meds now, so I don't have to use ice as much as I used to (for a while it was my only source of pain relief), but I continue to rely on it a lot. So, you could try ice to supplement your medications.

April
saint

Post by saint »

Thanks. I used ice packs for awhile and still do occasionally. I've been sitting on a vibrating back pad which helps distract from pain. I'm tired of living like this and being trapped inside all the time.

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”