Dr. Potter MRI Question

PNMLT, EMG, SSEP, and other Nerve function testing.
The different techniques, results and opinions.
Findtheway

Dr. Potter MRI Question

Post by Findtheway »

I was able to get a script from my doctor for the Potter MRI of the Pelvis

Script: MRI of the pelvis
Bilateral Pudendal Nerve
1) From ischial spine to sacro spinal ligament beneath sacrotuberous ligament and to the Alcocks Canal.
2) Dorsal nerve of the Penis especially passing through the pubic bone.

Does anyone know if this MRI will show any part of my lumbar region, especially L4-L5 & L5-S1, or would I have to get another MRI done for my lumbar spine?

I had a MRI done of my lumbar spine almost a year ago and showed disc bulge in those areas but doctor said they werent that bad and shouldnt of been causing my symptoms which are low back pain, sharp pain in left sacroiliac area, increased pain after activity, urinary hesitation & retention, weak urine stream, & decreased penile sensation & orgasm without loss of erection. I feel I need to get those two areas of my lumbar region checked out too so I can make sure thats not causing my problems.

My doctor also gave me a script to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester Minnesota since they have really good Neurologists there.

Also Does anyone think it would be a good idea for me to go to the Mayo Clinic after the Potter MRI or would it be better for me to see someone like Dr. Hibner?

Thanks for reading and any feedback.

Findtheway
Violet M

Re: Dr. Potter MRI Question

Post by Violet M »

Findtheway,

I think to be safe your MRI would need to specify the lumbar area and maybe even the lumbosacral plexus but I would call the phone # listed for Dr. Potter or Dr. Carrino http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/58#NY to find out for sure, if you feel you need those areas included.

Last I knew, Mayo Clinic uses treatment modalities such as physical therapy with myofascial release for pelvic pain/pudendal neuralgia patients -- something you could most likely find locally if you live in an urban area. I have recently emailed with someone who isn't getting much relief at the Mayo Clinic and is searching elsewhere. You could check with konedog4 who is from MN and he might be able to give you more info about Mayo.

I haven't heard if Dr. Hibner is seeing patients again yet after his injury. If not, you could see his partner Dr. Castellanos. But really if you can get the diagnosis locally and conservative therapies locally, the main reason to travel to a PNE surgeon would be if you are ready to pursue surgery as an option, and surgery is typically considered a last resort after conservative therapies have failed.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Has Dr Potter after all these years shared her knowledge with anyone else where there is a 3 t MRI machine. It seems heartless not to do so! I had a 3t MRI done at the Dartmouth Hitcock hospital several years ago and I asked Because I WAS HIS FIRST if he could possibly check his results with her. He would not do it!
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Yes, she has shared her protocol. You can read the following thread: http://www.pudendalhope.info/forum/view ... =69&t=2490
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “NEUROLOGICAL TESTING”