Coccyx buttocks pain

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
mary jane

Re: Coccyx buttocks pain

Post by mary jane »

Daisy wrote:I was just recently diagnosed with pudendal neuralgia. I am on gabapentin and it helps the vaginal pain but my buttocks and coccyx are a major issue. Does anyone else have this problem? And how do you travel?
I had severe excrutiating coccyx pain for about 4 months in 2014, however it was around that time I started Lyrica and my pain gradually went away. I have not had any cocyx pain since, only lower back pain since my vulvodynia relapsed.

For the coccyx the combination of lyrica 300 mg and ibuprofen gel really really helped and gradually took away the pain.
for the lower back I practice stress reduction and light stretches like childs pose.

You can add an antidepressant to your Neurontin for greater relief. Once you break the pain cycle, your lower back and coccyx pain, everything will slowly fade away.
Pain occurs in the brain, hence why some people can have nerve damage (e.g. from a surgery) and not develop nerve pain while other people can have a slight injury or minor fall and develop this nerve pain.
I also practice stress reduction, deep breathing and take amitriptyline 40 mg (again) and my pain has gradually gone away for the second time.
tiny bartholin infection triggered vulvar nerve pain.
Diagnosed vulvodynia Sept '13 (no burning but electric shocks, paresthesia, aching, buzzing)
Feb 14- Taking 50 mg Ami/Elavil
May 14-pain free with 50 mg Amitriptyline and 300 mg Pregabalin. Back to normal
Dec 15- weaned off all medication, pain free, wearing skinny jeans
April 17- pain returned, Amitriptyline 50 mg. Something doesn't make sense in my diagnosis.
Currently treating depression and anxiety
Amy01

Re: Coccyx buttocks pain

Post by Amy01 »

I prefer to travel only short distances since my diagnosis. You can lay back a little to ease pain during travel Hopefully treatment will make you better

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”