Pudendal Neurqlgia/Interstial Cystitis & Cystoscopy

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
RLH356

Pudendal Neurqlgia/Interstial Cystitis & Cystoscopy

Post by RLH356 »

Will having a cystoscopy done flare pudendal neuralgia?
Violet M

Re: Pudendal Neurqlgia/Interstial Cystitis & Cystoscopy

Post by Violet M »

I'm not sure it's possible to predict with any certainty. Any invasive procedure has the potential to cause a flare-up but it doesn't always cause a flare-up for everyone. Sorry, I guess that's sort of a non-answer. :oops:

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
RLH356

Post by RLH356 »

Thank you for responding Violet. Can you tell me if IC is related to PN? Or if it is common to co-exist?
Thank you.
stephanies

Post by stephanies »

RLH,

I believe that there is overlap between the symptoms of IC and pudendal neuralgia. I also think there are cases where a doctor diagnoses IC but, especially if the patient has pain is elsewhere in the distribution of th PN, the symptoms are coming from the nerve irritation rather than the bladder itself. Since this procedure can flare PN pain, one question to ask might be how having a cystoscopy would change your treatment plan or if it can change your pain for the better. Good luck to you.

Stephanies
PN started 2004 from fall. Surgery with Filler Nov. 2006, Dr. Campbell April 2007. Pain decreased by 85% in 2008 (rectal and sitting pain resolved completely), pain returned in 12/13. Pain reduced significantly beginning around 11/23.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Completely agree with everything Stephanie said.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”