I think I may have PN cause she by Cycling

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
Rbk_3

I think I may have PN cause she by Cycling

Post by Rbk_3 »

I started cycling again in July, and after doing 1500km, I started to experience a dull aching pain above my perineum area. I would rest it a few days and it would start to feel better but I would Cycle again and the pain would return.

Sitting on my bike doesn't cause any pain, I have had my saddle fitted properly and pressure mapping indicates little to no pressure in the soft tissue areas. It's after the fact the pain starts to ramp up and intensifies during the night before starting to taper off over the next week

It has now been 2 weeks since I biked and I still have pain. Putting pressure on it with my finger does not cause any excess pain, however if I sit in a chair or car for long periods the pain will increase a little but there is no immediate pain.

Does this sound like it may be PE? Those who have it, does it cause pain putting pressure on your soft tissues?
Violet M

Re: I think I may have PN cause she by Cycling

Post by Violet M »

I had some soft tissue pain, especially near the sit bones, but the worst part of sitting was a knife-like perineal pain, worse on one side than the other. Usually it set in within 15 minutes of sitting down. For me, the pain from sitting wasn't delayed much but there were other activities that didn't hurt at the time but caused pain later that day or the next day.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

Mine isn't a sharp pain really, more of a dull aching pain the never fully leaves even if I stand or sleep.
I dont have any issues sexually, and it doesn't hurt, so I wonder if it is something else completely. It feels like the pain is coming deep inside the perineum and sometimes maybe the testicals. Hard to pin point the exact location.

I have a ultrasound to rule out a hernia Tuesday then my doctor is going to refer me to the Sports Medicine clinic.
Rbk_3

Post by Rbk_3 »

It has now been a month since I biked last, and I seem to be fine when I am not sitting.
When I sit the pain comes back and lasts a several hours after. The dull ache deep above the perineum. If I sit on a hard surface I am fine.
I also find if I don't wear underwear it is a lot better too, but that isn't really practical at work where I do most of my sitting.

Is this starting to sound like PN?

I had my ultrasound which ruled out hernia, so I am waiting to be referred to the Sport Doctor.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

It is possible to have pudendal nerve irritation without having an entrapment. Sometimes the pelvic floor muscles can be overly tense and cause nerve irritation. I don't know if that is the case for you.

Since your symptoms aren't too severe and you can limit them with some lifestyle changes, like avoiding chairs that flare up your symptoms, maybe healing will occur just with lifestyle changes. You could also get a pelvic floor PT evaluation to see if your pelvic floor is overly tense. They might be able to pinpoint the location of the pain. Maybe a change in the style of underwear might help too -- like not wearing underwear with elastic around the perineum area.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”