Sorry for asking - But do i have PN?

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
platee

Sorry for asking - But do i have PN?

Post by platee »

Hello everyone im new here and am a male aged 24 years old. I know this is a question that most probably has been asked a dozen times but i really need help. Thank you and i hope the experienced people here could offer some advice.

Ive been to doctors and all they tell me are that they either cannot help me or that i have non bacterial prostatitis. Tests and scans reveal my bladder, prostate and pelvic area to have no issues. To me personall it feels like a nerve pain.

I have been experiencing symptoms of PN for 2 years already. It started after i fell off an office chair and landed on my butt.
In the first few months after falling off the chair, i only experienced electric like shocks at the perineum area. Could sit but not for very long if not the electric shock pain comes. Lying down or standing up relieves the pain.
After about a year the pain at the perineum seems to have went away but worst problems started happening such as light pain when urinating, pain after ejaculation and pain at the general pelvic area. Pain still persists even when im lying down or standing.

Fast forward to my current state,the pain is most apparent at the left side of the perineum but closer to the thigh area. The pain seems to start from there and travels through my pelvic region into the penile area. There dosent seem to be pain from the right side though. Strange thing is, i get relief after bowel movements.

Thanks for reading through and i hope i can some advice from you all over here :)
Violet M

Re: Sorry for asking - But do i have PN?

Post by Violet M »

Platee,

You might need a little more research to determine if you have PN. I don't see any mention of having had a PT evaluation in your post. Maybe I say this too often but I just feel like it is really important to see a good pelvic floor PT who is knowledgeable about PN because they can press along the course of the pudendal nerve via the rectum and assess whether it is tender and what the status of your pelvic floor muscles are. They can also assess your pelvis for other possible problems.

You said you have had scans, etc. I'm assuming you had an MRI already...

Have you had a pudendal nerve block for diagnostic purposes to that left side? If the right side isn't a problem I wouldn't have one there.

I had pain in all positions also, although sitting was the worst.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
platee

Post by platee »

Violet M wrote:Platee,

You might need a little more research to determine if you have PN. I don't see any mention of having had a PT evaluation in your post. Maybe I say this too often but I just feel like it is really important to see a good pelvic floor PT who is knowledgeable about PN because they can press along the course of the pudendal nerve via the rectum and assess whether it is tender and what the status of your pelvic floor muscles are. They can also assess your pelvis for other possible problems.

You said you have had scans, etc. I'm assuming you had an MRI already...

Have you had a pudendal nerve block for diagnostic purposes to that left side? If the right side isn't a problem I wouldn't have one there.

I had pain in all positions also, although sitting was the worst.

Violet
Hi violet, thanks for replying. The various doctors refused to agree that i have pelvic floor problems or PN. Saying that a young male my age should have only non bacterial prostatitis. Doctors these days arent listening to their patients. Is PT evaluation under urology department ?
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

Some pelvic floor PT's work with urology docs or other specialties but some are independent. There is no set rule on who they work with. Pelvic floor PT's are not all the same either. Different PT's may take different approaches too. Did you see the list of PT's on this website who treat patients with pudendal neuralgia?
http://www.pudendalhope.info/node/16

Non-bacterial prostatitis is a diagnosis that may be confused with pudendal neuralgia. I think one of the keys is whether you have pain symptoms in the distribution area of the pudendal neruve.

Violet
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”